Sign in to follow this  
Wilches

As Torch is comming along...

Wrench is working on Torch scenario, as he said, but some planes are still missing for that (Veltro2K, please listen).

- Fairey Fulmar

- Fairey Swordfish

- Fairey Albacore

- Lioré-et-Olivier LeO.541

- Potez P.63.11

- P-40F

- Douglas DB-7(smaller tailplane)

The P-40 3D wireframe we have is no good and deserves an extreme makeover as well as the Spitfire Mk.V. Any takers here? :ok:

Actually, the Tunisia map does NOT cover Torch ... it's Post-Torch, circa Feb 43 and later. It only goes as far west as Bone, but has the terrain region (too near the wall, unfortunatley) for Phillipaville.

One can, on THIS map, recreate Monty's westward push across Libya towards Tripoli, and eventually to Tunis (and of course, the American push east from Bone, Kasserine etc), the Invasion of Sicily, landings at Salerno, Anzio and the drive to Rome (which is just below The Wall and has been declared an "open city", with no valued targets)

TORCH requires an entirely new map covering Morocco. That one exists, but it's just the terrain with no targets, and requires extensive research, both in geography for the city and river placements (gotta be able to sail a destroyer past that French fort), and the forces involved (airfields, army camps, etc)

SkippyBing's been working on the Stringbag for couple of years; maybe we can motivate him ... Tunisa includes a fully detalied naval base at Taranto, plus CV Station Judgement

The DB-7, albeit modded from the A-20C, already exists as both AdA and Vichy (and requires a very small data ini edit to remove the exhaust outlet nipples on cowlings). I think Lloyd is going to redo my rather generic Vichy Hawk 75 skin (and give it correct markings)

As to the others, well, we all know the drill. Hopefully, Wolf will finish off HIS Spits, and well have other choices.

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench is working on Torch scenario, as he said, but some planes are still missing for that (Veltro2K, please listen).

- Fairey Fulmar

- Fairey Swordfish

- Fairey Albacore

- Lioré-et-Olivier LeO.541

- Potez P.63.11

- P-40F

- Douglas DB-7(smaller tailplane)

The P-40 3D wireframe we have is no good and deserves an extreme makeover as well as the Spitfire Mk.V. Any takers here? :ok:

Well Swordfish is a Wip somewhere If he gave up on it I might consider it

The Potez I do have a wip started as far as the LeO 541...never heard of it But I do have a wip started of the LeO 451

Ed

I started this a while ago. I suppose I should finish it. Its for Dakar, not Torch, but when I've got the damn stripes on the cowling right a Torch version should be easy.

post-2351-12565061781972.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

I started this a while ago. I suppose I should finish it. Its for Dakar, not Torch, but when I've got the damn stripes on the cowling right a Torch version should be easy.

post-2351-12565061781972.jpg

yes please

those nose stipes are a triple dammned nightmare, aren't they!!???? Went more than half crazy on the original version.

Yes, PLEASE finish that off. It really looks good!!! I may give up skinning....just kidding!!

wrench

kevin stein

I always loved the Hawk, and it looks REALLY good in that scheme. I'd say the stripes are worth the trouble, they look that good.

That being said, somebody PM him every couple days to make sure he doesn't go mad. That would be a shame.