Sign in to follow this  
RichardG

I have SF2 Israel/Vietnam/Europe...Why do I need SF2 (original first release)

What does the first title have in it that all the others dont. It seem like all of its planes are included in the later releases.

What does the first title have in it that all the others dont. It seem like all of its planes are included in the later releases.

desert terrain and campaigns.

each of the releases is slightly different in terms of weapons, planes and of course the terrain and campaigns.

yes you can't go wrong with having all 4 titles, that way you can run just about every damn mod out there with out something being missing.

Well, SF2 doesn't have the planes other games don't have. It has merc campaigns though. And the terrain...

Merc campaigns to fly all planes from other titles.

And the desert terrain has no country restriction so more variety.

What I mean is that if you create a mission in SF2E, then your planes are limited to Nato vs. Warsaw.

If you create a mission in SF2V, then you get US vs. Vietnam.

When you create an SF2 mission int he desert terrain, you can pit any blue plane against any combination of red planes.

Only here will the mission generator pick the Chinese, Argentinian, etc. planes (if you added them) as your opponents.

Edited by jomni

I have to add that the Mercenary Campaign is fun to play and is my primary reason to have in my Merged. Ever tought about how it is to buy that brand new Mirage III only to discover you cannot afford any bombs for it? :)

Edited by tigertompa