Sign in to follow this  
comrpnt

Image hosting service bandwidth being exceeded

Hi folks, I just exceeded my bandwidth on Photobucket. Fair enough you might say, but this interested me as things have been bobbing along nicely for ages, until BAM!, someone or something started taking a real interest in one particular file.

The past few days...

photobucketimagehosting.jpg

Over the last 6 months...

photobucketimagehosting.jpg

Possibly the particular file being hit by this site has been linked, or maybe even hijacked. I don't know. This is not something I have a lot of experience with but the reason I mention it here is that over 95% of any images I keep on PB are linked to from this site.

Anyway, thought you'd all like to know and would be interested to hear from anyone with similar experiences.

Cheers, regards, comrpnt.

LOL, I have the same...

only have small gif and jpgs, and never came even near the 10Gb bandwidth limit ...

Today I got 2 emails at the same time, one "warning" that I'm approaching less than 3 Gb remaining , and the other says that I have exceeded the limit! lolol

So my pics are ano show too.... wtf..

Wow, never seen that feature before.

Ask on their forums? They seem to be pretty helpful. Do you know which file is getting the hits? Maybe try taking out that one file (for a day or two if its possible to replace it later), or is it a file you need to stay there?

Just tried that stats feature it but doesn't seem to stop loading. mmm

My pics which reached the peak are all WOE Falklands Mod related... your pics too ?

You can attach file to the gallery and link them to your post here at CA. Or using the full posting editor you can attach file right to your post. Why bother with a hosting service?

lol

thats not the problem.. those files are partially from way back when CA did not have all the funky features

nice thread hijack ... :skull:

lol

thats not the problem.. those files are partially from way back when CA did not have all the funky features

nice thread hijack ... skull.gif

No hijack intended.

My point is go ahead and attach them here even if they are old and they will be here forever. Then you wont have a bandwidth problem. Trying to save you all a problem you are having now with a solution.

Oh by the way, we have had that feature since the 2006 upgrade. :lol:

No hijack intended.

My point is go ahead and attach them here even if they are old and they will be here forever. Then you wont have a bandwidth problem. Trying to save you all a problem you are having now with a solution.

Oh by the way, we have had that feature since the 2006 upgrade. lol.gif

That's very generous of you.

Most forums would prefer external site image hosting than direct uploads.

CombatAce is not most forums :)

Of course, it is nice if you pay a subsription fee every now and then if you are using bandwidth here.

That's very generous of you.

Most forums would prefer external site image hosting than direct uploads.

Very true. MK2 and Erik's philosophy is that a site needs to be more than just a file dump and a place for you to post. It has to have functionally, give the end user some control of it. It makes them feel part of the site than just a member. I couldn't agree more.

Streak is right, throwing a little money to offset costs doesn't hurt and we really do appreciate it. The more money we get in, the more it gets put back into the site for you all.

Yes, and when you consider mods like ODS that basically give you a totally new game, with tons of planes and terrain and campaigns, is it really too much to ask for a few dollars? We're not saying any particular amount, but certainly if you took the time to DL and use it you can give something.