Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

"Red Crown" Mod Request...

Long time owner of the SF1 series and have just purchased SF2V.

One of my two pet peeves with the sim is the apparent female voice of "Red Crown."

Unless I am way off base this should be a male voice.

Has anyone modded a male voice for "Red Crown"?

Thanks.

Well I don't mind the female voice mind you... but there may be something in the Sounds downloads, I know... Klavs81? Made a sound mod where it changes it to "Darkstar". Then again... not many people really cared, except for when you're about to get shot down, request help and get the ominous, "Sorry all assets are tied up" (which if you haven't noticed, aren't around anyways, sucks...)

due to most serices around the world not wanting females in combat women have traditionally served in an GCI/ air controller role. also studies by our air force stated that men notice a female voice quicker than a male one(just ask any deployed soldier!) of course this also lead to the automated warnings in later fighters being called bitchin betty. personally i would only want the callsign changed as red crown if i recall right was a navy radar ship off vietnam. i would think the call sign would be diff in europe, ODS and the many other situations you can find ya self in in the Thirdwire world.

yabut "Red Crown" was actually the guided missile cruiser out in the Gulf. No women controllers aboard........