eburger68

SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 Gold - Part 1

turkeydriver:

Sorry, forgot to include those in the decals package. See the attached.

Eric Howes

turkeydriver:

Sorry, forgot to include those in the decals package. See the attached.

Eric Howes

Thanks again and again, this mod makes it a totally different game!

Eric, are you still going to publish a "full set" of Dec-2009-fixes?

I'd want to wait and apply that one instead of the 2 decal fixes and the cockpit fix you already pinpointed to above...

Thanks

Oliver

Edited by stingray77

OK, total n00b question: Where do I get the program to unpack .7x files? Thanks!

Hi, I have some terrain problems. There are no trees at all and mountains are sometimes transparent. I have fully merged SF2 install and Jun.2011 patch on Win7 64 bit, and latest NVidia driver. I've tried to reinstall the mod several times but the problem remains. Any ideas?

hrc:

For post-Dec2009 patch levels, there are no trees -- they were taken out because of changes in the game that led to conflicts with the clouds.

As for the mountains, I've never heard of that kind of problem. Could you post a screenshot of the "transparent" mountains?

Also, did you install that April 2011 update for the Expansion Pack?

Eric Howes

I have april update installed, but I can't seem to figure out how to upload a screenshot on this site, when I select Insert image it says image URL: http:// Maybe I'm plain dumb...?

hrc:

You should be able to upload a screenshot as an attachment to your post. Use the "Full Editor" to get the attachment option.

Eric Howes

There is no attach option in full editor for me.I know it is ridiculous. Can I send you an e-mail with pics in it?

Aircraft carriers are entirely risen above the water, it means you can see their under waterline section above the sea. Again, I have no attach option here (don't know why's that, 'cause there is one in all other forum sections ), so can I send you a pic via PM?

Yes, that fixed it. Quess I haven't been in download section for a while. Thanks for all your work.

There is bug at F-105F,G. I see two white rectangles at cockpit joystick, One of those I see from external front view, at the engine part of the Thuds.

Another bug is weapon loadout for USAF F-4, which can be armed with combination of Sidewinders and bombs at inner wing pylons. USAF used only Sidewinders, or only bombs at those pylons, not combination of Winders and bombs at the same time as USN.

Joe:

The white squares you are seeing are likely a product of the model itself, which you will see on SF2 (but not on WOV). I'll take another look, though.

As for the USAF F-4 loadouts, I just went through all of our USAF F-4 loadouts, and I don't see any loadouts that put A2G ordnance and Sidewinders both on the inner pylons. The default 3rdWire loadouts use such combinations, but we fixed those (or at least I thought). Which F-4 and which loadout are you seeing this combo on? Please be specific.

Eric Howes

In Op. Rolling Thunder and Linebacker, sometimes (quite often), enemy Mig-17's fly very slow (100 - 110 knots, which I believe is below their stall speed)) on a straight course, no matter if they are engaged or not, and then some of them crash to the ground. I have SF2 all merged and SF2 Vietnam is january 2012 updated.

There is bug at F-105F,G. I see two white rectangles at cockpit joystick, One of those I see from external front view, at the engine part of the Thuds.

Another bug is weapon loadout for USAF F-4, which can be armed with combination of Sidewinders and bombs at inner wing pylons. USAF used only Sidewinders, or only bombs at those pylons, not combination of Winders and bombs at the same time as USN.

As Eric said, the "default" loadouts for the F-4's are historically accurate. The USAF won't have both winders and bombs loaded on the inner pylons. The USN will.

The option is still there for the user to add both bombs and winders to the inner weapon stations. This can be tweaked in the _data.ini for each F-4, but I didn't feel the need to go in and make those changes as well. If we were to try to modify each aircraft so that only historically accurate loadouts are possible, we would probably go crazy, as well as realize at some point that it's simply not possible due to the number of aircraft and weapons available and the way the weapon stations work. I've tried it before with a couple different aircraft and nearly diven myself off the edge. If you know a loadout isn't accurate... just don't load out your aircraft in that way.

Edited by malibu43

hrc:

I haven't seen the MiG-17s behave like that. Next time I do some flying in the mod I will be on the lookout for it.

Eric Howes

In Op. Rolling Thunder and Linebacker, sometimes (quite often), enemy Mig-17's fly very slow (100 - 110 knots, which I believe is below their stall speed)) on a straight course, no matter if they are engaged or not, and then some of them crash to the ground. I have SF2 all merged and SF2 Vietnam is january 2012 updated.

Could be they are out of fuel, (AI can still fly) and trying get back home.

One can check with DEBUG turned on.

PureBlue, what is DEBUG and how do I turn it on?

Extract huddata.ini from the CAT files, open with notepad, turn on DEBUG here. place the modified file in your Mod Folder\Flight.

The knowledgebase forum should have a more comprehensive article.

Extract huddata.ini from the CAT files, open with notepad, turn on DEBUG here. place the modified file in your Mod Folder\Flight.

The knowledgebase forum should have a more comprehensive article.

From what .CAT files do I extract, from the ones in flight folder in main install or ... I've never messed with none of them, so it's all unknown to me.:dntknw:

Edited by hrc