Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

Attn all DiD pilots.

Also was wondering.... would it be possible for dead pilots not to be deleted? Would be nice if they stayed on the board... I know the board will get long but a shame to lose thier record after all the hard work and gives targets for future pilots to beat (would also make it really easy for you to keep track of suadron grand totals if the info never dissapears).

When you send your stats in (they're current totals, yes?) I have to subtract the new total from the previous total in order to add the correct number to the board's running totals. For multiple pilots. That's why I need a calculator and notepad. Let's say your previous total was 7 9 11 3 and your new total is 9 13 12 4, I have to subtract 7 from 9, 9 from 13, 11 from 12 and 3 from 4. I write the result down on my notepad. I then do the same for the next pilot, then the next. I then add up all those numbers and add them to the board's running totals.

When I tried to combine bomber and fighter totals onto the fighter board I had to do the above PLUS work out the fighter-only kills for the fighter-board running totals. I passed out and could be revived only with pure oxygen.

See, I did what you're doing now, thought "Hey, that'd be cool!", then found out in practice it was a ball-ache. And, in fact, I don't think bomber and fighter stats should be combined, it paints a false picture. What you achieve on fighters is a different ball-game to what you achieve on bombers, and the stats for each should be able to be visually differentiated. But I've included bomber-stats in brackets next to the fighter stats, so visitors can see at a glance on the one page exactly what you've done with what. It's actually better than what you're asking for, because it gives the total figures right where you wanted them AND allows you to see what ones were got from what. Yay! :clapping:

Also was wondering.... would it be possible for dead pilots not to be deleted? Would be nice if they stayed on the board... I know the board will get long but a shame to lose thier record after all the hard work and gives targets for future pilots to beat (would also make it really easy for you to keep track of suadron grand totals if the info never dissapears).

I considered that, but it looks crap. Personal choice, plus it's an added incentive to stay alive...die and you lose all your baubles, totally and permanently. Except the C.O.s, a perk of their job is they get their best totals preserved under their C.O. personas on the board.

Siggy, in that point Stiffy is right I find: that the 2-seater victories should remain.

My German guys do it this way, that we "transfer" the pilot by changing only the squadron line

in the pilot dossier file. So he is then Jasta 6 pilot, but keeps his victories, claims and medals.

I think, in reality, they would also have kept them, right?

Siggy, in that point Stiffy is right I find: that the 2-seater victories should remain.

My German guys do it this way, that we "transfer" the pilot by changing only the squadron line

in the pilot dossier file. So he is then Jasta 6 pilot, but keeps his victories, claims and medals.

I think, in reality, they would also have kept them, right?

The bomber-stats are now remaining, appended to the fighter-totals in brackets. The medals are always carried over. Check the boards and see for yourself how it looks. :good:

When you send your stats in (they're current totals, yes?) I have to subtract the new total from the previous total in order to add the correct number to the board's running totals. For multiple pilots. That's why I need a calculator and notepad. Let's say your previous total was 7 9 11 3 and your new total is 9 13 12 4, I have to subtract 7 from 9, 9 from 13, 11 from 12 and 3 from 4. I write the result down on my notepad. I then do the same for the next pilot, then the next. I then add up all those numbers and add them to the board's running totals.

Ahh I see it is too do with keeping seperate kill totals for the squardons....

So I guess we will all have to do some daily sums to provide you with seperate fighter stats :(

Simplest solution to my mind would be one board for british and one for German then running totals would be correct and noone, you or players would have to do daily maths :) (just add up the columbs)

I for one couldnt care less what percentage of kills are in bomber and what are in fighter... just who is winning!

Shame about dead pilots.

Otherwise though cracking good work! PLease dont take any offense at my feedback

Edited by Stiffy

also to save you time on those sums there is a much easier way of working out totals...

Add up total kills of pilots.... subtract the total at the bottom of bomber page.. theres you fighter total.

good.gif Just want to say Thanks for doing this havin a good time althought Full DID is hard. Kudos, Siggi. Salute.gif