Sign in to follow this  
Spad13

How could my plane rolls through trees?

Whenever I have to make an emergency landing (which is more often than I care to admit), my plane just rolls through the trees. It makes a "swish" noise, but the plane keeps on rolling like Proud Mary.

Do I have a setting wrong or something? I mean, shouldn't a tree stop me or blow me up?

IMO trees not being collision modelled is a big flaw in FE. In real life you avoid ground obstacles or pay the price!

I believe buildings are not collision modelled either.

That is correct, and from what I have read, TK refuses to change this too.

OK...That explains it. I just thought it was because I was awesome at fitting between trunks :lol:

I still do my best to avoid those trees. Just look for an opening somewhere and put her down. You can still pretend they're real like I dogrin.gif

Making trees and buildings have a collision model would mean more polygon and vertex, slowing performance, I believe.

Making trees and buildings have a collision model would mean more polygon and vertex, slowing performance, I believe.

Not that much. This and the worst thing IMO is still lack of custom models for tilesets population -Imagine all the cities with proper roofed houses and various houses in OFF. That would also make it eventually possible to have level of detail for .tod files -now all tile-specific objects show at once, level of detail might increase performance -but all this ain't considered by TK as for now. While I can understand this for jet titles, in WW1 sim it's getting bit annoying.