Sign in to follow this  
Kingkat

Sunday Funday Funnies

I really enjoyed flying with all of you today. Although it took a while before all of us got airborne. Either patches were needed, or setting configs, or just connection problems, everyone was most helpful and patient. Again this is a great community of great players.

I do have a suggestion. Perhaps one of the more experienced players could host a game that would include formation flying, using the TAC for waypoints and how to return to base. I kinda got lost and never really was able to contribute as well as I could have. Also a few suggestions about what planes might be good to practice flying in. Both Allied and Centeal Powers.

Otherwise, it was the most fun I've had since the night I lost my virginity!!!!!!! rofl.gif The wifey asks, "That was with ME right honey?"yikes.gif

See all of you again real soon. I am sorry I had to leave in such short notice. Told the wife I would help with the groceries when she got home. Salute.gif

Glad you enjoyed it Kingkat.

Either Ax, Stump or Duck will setup a mission for you as they're in your timezone.

Hope to see you next week.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Edited by Vasco

I second that. Today's missions were so much fun that they'd probably be illegal in most of the southern US states....

If someone posts a time with a training game, I'll pop in if I can.

I'm wondering though...does anyone have a remote idea of what's going on with the screen freezes? Seems like several people get them, and not the same ones all the time.

Vasco

Sorry I didnt catch ya'll today. I'll try next Sunday. Sounds like ya'll are having a great time.

cheers

GB

KingKat, I am going to try and have something up on tuesdays...730ish edt...so if thats good for you, i can earmark it for getting you squared away in whatever areas you want.

I second that Kingkat! Great missions today. With the second mission being a total waxing of the allied air. 10 enemy aircraft shot down at the end of the tally I believe! Excellent work and more fun than a couple barrel of monkeys named Bubbles.grin.gif

That sounds great sittingduck. I just need a little instruction thats all.

Today,as I sat on the airfield waiting to take off, I couldnot help but look from side to side at the aircraft. Like Maclroys pic, it was just awesome. As I waited for the go signal, I got so nervous, my hands were sweating. Honestly I had to keep wiping them off as I flew. I began to worry that I would screw up, or get lost, or fail to help the squadron. FEAR, absolute fear. Must have been something back then.

I really enjoyed today.

Ya today was pretty fun the only thing I was annoyed at was that I got lost about half way throught the second mission and that none of my bullets hit home due to bad FPS. it was very cool seeing all the different skins flying around me. As for flying in formation I will have to give that some time. Anyways thanks for the game Vasco and I will play again next sunday. Count me in for tuesday Sitting Duck.(mic has been sounding weird apparently)

Ya today was pretty fun the only thing I was annoyed at was that I got lost about half way throught the second mission and that none of my bullets hit home due to bad FPS. it was very cool seeing all the different skins flying around me. As for flying in formation I will have to give that some time. Anyways thanks for the game Vasco and I will play again next sunday. Count me in for tuesday Sitting Duck.(mic has been sounding weird apparently)

Before you lift off from the field its always a good idea to look for your flight leader. If you're in a Dr1, Alby or Pfalz find out who is leading that group and stick with them. Today I let RedDog do all the navigation and just followed tucked under his wing. It "IS" very difficult to regroup with the flight once you get lost, most of the flight is spent simply following the leader. But well worth it if you run into the enemy to be with friends than all alone. Even if you could overcome 5-1 odds, no one is around to confirm your scores.

As for the FPS thing. Last week I had similar issues with lower fps. I just dropped all of my sliders 1 notch and my fps went up by about 15 today. Thats a start anyway, tough to fly and be combat effective with fps i know. dntknw.gif

If you can swing it, try to hook up with the group on tuesday for some formation flying and nav training. I'll be there for sure.

S!

Hi chaps,

Sounds like you were doing some good work for the Kaiser and Fatherland yesterday!

I'm sorry I wasn't around - my PC's decided it prefers to spend its time endlessly rebooting itself and I have got to the bottom of it yet. Just hoping it isn't anything terminal...

Av8er - getting lost is the main bugbear I have in MP, so I understand your frustration. Perhaps we should have a slightly more robust method of gathering up stragglers? Worth a thought. It would be very handy for people like me who get shot down regularly (cos I'm a crap pilot) and end up respawning somewhere South of Paris (or so it seems to me...).

I will put together a quick take off, form up, patrol and land practice mission for Tuesday with Duck's permission of course! Unless he already has one in the works.drinks.gif

Very sorry I did not get to fly sunday. I guess I should expect the holidays to happen but un-expected family is one of my pet peves.... :heat:

Sitting around the house in my robe and cup of coffee... watching "Apocalypse Now" and then a knock at the door. THen I get the "hope ya don't mind us dropping by but we were in the area".... :blink:

SO now im going from a nice sunday morning of flying with you guys to in-laws and 3 kids that want to go shopping for christmas. Next thing I know I am otw to the mall to go shopping with them for hours on end. :shok:

Now thats over and we are otw home and it happens.... "hey lets all go out for dinner and a movie or something". Oh God take me now im thinking... :minigun:

The short endng is at around 9pm they leave and the wife isn't in a great mood either. She told me to go fly for a bit and she ran to the store and got us a bottle of wine and some cheese. We sat up and watched movies most of the night and turned off the phones and lights just in case someone tried to drop by again. :drinks:

I did see the pic of the take off and thats just a great shot. I will try and AVOID un announced visits this next week and maybe I can get with some of you this week to fly a few after work.

:salute:

Av8er - getting lost is the main bugbear I have in MP, so I understand your frustration. Perhaps we should have a slightly more robust method of gathering up stragglers? Worth a thought. It would be very handy for people like me who get shot down regularly (cos I'm a crap pilot) and end up respawning somewhere South of Paris (or so it seems to me...).

Yesterday was my first time with the Sunday group, but one thing that I liked was that in the first mission, (I think...) the flight leader (Stump? I think....) designated a rally point on the map. That way, after a scuffle we had a place to go. I was able to rejoin and carry on...very cool. And way easier than "fly north", at least for me.

Mighty... hope you get your machine sorted.

Tuesday evening.................November the 17rh.........................around 730EST.......................AFAIK, I should be able to make it. Salute.gif

However wifey said something about "moving a few pieces of furniture around", so we can entertain during the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday!!!!yikes.gif

Do they ever quit moving stuff around the nest? lol.gif It looks just fine to me. dntknw.gif