Sign in to follow this  
crepitis

major installation problems

OFF, BHH, arrived today , I have tried installing CFS3, then installing OFF, but when I try to run it I get an error message.

I then tried to un-install CFS3 ( in case there was some kind of error during the initial install) in order to try re-installing everything again.

Problem is, I cant seem to un-install CFS3, the appropriate screen comes up, but when I choose un-install it just shows me the little "spinning wheel" , "busy" icon and stays that way for ever ( over 25 minutes at the last attempt ) , so I seem to be stuck in limbo.

I cant un-install CFS3 in order to re-install it and OFF to get flying this sim that I have now waited over two weeks to get my hands on cray.gif

Can anybody offer advice ?

cfs3 does not do much if anything in the registry, so manually deleting all the folders will effect an uninstall

you didnt say what os you had..but aside from the main folder (programfiles\microsoft games\cfs3,,,,there are folders in my documents\xxxxxxx\application data (appdat in vista)\microsoft that need to be removed to...(xxxxx can either be administrator, or your user name)

there are alot of stickies out there on how to install...but basically its cfs3,,patch it to 3.1 if its not already a 3.1 version, and be sure to run it at least once before you put on bhah.....

if bhah is still on the computer,,i would take that off too...there are off3 folders in that same directory as the cfs3 folders you had to find,,so get them also....

Be sure cfs3 is running fine before you install off...if cfs3 is screwed up,,,,its likely off will be screwed up too.

Thanks , I will try what you suggest, CFS3 didnt seem to install everything in one folder, there are associated folders sitting "on their own" on my hard drive, I will have to try tracking down every component part of CFS3 and deleting it individually.

By the way I am using Vista.

I tried reinstalling CFS3, but I cant get it to run, it just locks up on the loading screen, and if I try running the patch it gets to 94% complete and then seizes up.

The CFS3 files dont seem to install into a dedicated folder but instead are just spread around in individual folders on my hard drive. selecting uninstall doesnt work and I have now (twice) had to manually delete all the associated folders I can find.

This is starting to seriously P me off, Im desperate to get started with OFF, but because of this Microsoft POS Im stuck and very frustrated aggressive.gif

Install to a different drive than C: also when you do make sure you run the setup as Adminsitrator (try right clicking on the setup exe, properties, set compatibility to XP SP2 and run as admninstrator). Try that.

Hi Polovski, I only have one hard drive, how can i set up another drive ?

Also I have just noticed on the back of the case my CFS3 came in that it says not compatible with Vista, is there a specific vista compatible

version which I have to buy ?

Also I have just noticed on the back of the case my CFS3 came in that it says not compatible with Vista, is there a specific vista compatible

version which I have to buy ?

No.

Like Polovsky advised, try to set all exe inside CSF3 folder with the XP compatibility mode and the "Run as Administrator" activated.

Thanks guys, I created a new folder and dragged all of the CFS3 files into it.

Then I ran CFS3 using "run as administrator" , patched it, ran it once, then installed OFF and patched it......hey presto! It works