So ive been enjoying the SF2 series alot. Slowly but steadily ive got the money together and now i have the whole series :grin: I just have a tiny question about SF2I

I read about not merging SF2I into my excisting install because it can cause problems. Is this still the case or have the problems been resolved?

Thank you!

it will generate problems with some third-party add-ons. Most of those problems have been figured out by now and there are fixes, but you have to work through them, one plane at a time.

If you don't have any mods - merge.

I have one massive merge of all of them, and also a stand alone NATO Fighters, stand alone Vietnam with the most excellent mod, and a stand alone SF2I just because....

check the Knowledge Base on the fixes.

it will generate problems with some third-party add-ons. Most of those problems have been figured out by now and there are fixes, but you have to work through them, one plane at a time.

If you don't have any mods - merge.

I have one massive merge of all of them, and also a stand alone NATO Fighters, stand alone Vietnam with the most excellent mod, and a stand alone SF2I just because....

check the Knowledge Base on the fixes.

Only mods i use are the hdr mod, widesky and weapons pack.

Only mods i use are the hdr mod, widesky and weapons pack.

merge!

(but don't blame me if something breaks......)

:grin:

merge!

(but don't blame me if something breaks......)

:grin:

I did a merged install. One thing i noticed is that fps is all jumpy. Inside of the cockput its actually good but once outside it jumps all over the place. from 10 to 100. So i thought maybe the merged install was the problem. I installed another one at the side. Only SF2I and i still have the same weird jumpy fps. Do you guys know why this is happening?

I did a merged install. One thing i noticed is that fps is all jumpy. Inside of the cockput its actually good but once outside it jumps all over the place. from 10 to 100. So i thought maybe the merged install was the problem. I installed another one at the side. Only SF2I and i still have the same weird jumpy fps. Do you guys know why this is happening?

how good of a system do you have?

mine is mediocre and is somewhat stressed if the graphics settings are set to high. Try turning down all the settings down to low or off and see how it runs. If that fixes it, start increasing the settings one at a time, one step at a time - until you find the optimum tradeoff.

how good of a system do you have?

mine is mediocre and is somewhat stressed if the graphics settings are set to high. Try turning down all the settings down to low or off and see how it runs. If that fixes it, start increasing the settings one at a time, one step at a time - until you find the optimum tradeoff.

I have a Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz, 4gb ram, 8800GTS 512 OC:d

I think there is some kind of bug in the "effects" setting. I can run everything on high/unlimited besides that one. In SF2E i had it on High now i must have it on medium or i get those stutterts. I think i read something about it over at TW support forum. Apparently alot of people have the problem.

I have a Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz, 4gb ram, 8800GTS 512 OC:d

I think there is some kind of bug in the "effects" setting. I can run everything on high/unlimited besides that one. In SF2E i had it on High now i must have it on medium or i get those stutterts. I think i read something about it over at TW support forum. Apparently alot of people have the problem.

I have a much weaker system than yours. I found the effects was a key one that I have always had to put to low.

sounds like you are cooking with this setup.

8800GTS 512 OC:d

That's one possible issue right there. I saw a jump in my minimum FPS by simply going to a 250 GT (which is essentially a 9800 GTX), with a 1024 mb frame buffer.

I forced Dx9 in the options.ini to get rid of jumpiness.

I figured it out. When using Shadows above low with the effect setting on High the stutters start. It seems like the new advanced shaders dont go to well with shadows on anything above the low setting.

I got to this conclusion by doing a systematic check with all of the setting on low then putting them up one by one and checking if any one of them could cause the problem. I had effects on high to start with cause i assumed it was something that was related to the new shaders. And i think i was right. I can have everything on high/unlimed but as soon as i put shadwos above low and effects on high it stutters. The effect setting on high gives a huge fps boost. If i lower it to medium and put shadows on high i get the same fps as in SF2E.

Could you guys try it out aswell.

Effect on high

Shadows on high

and Effect on high

Shadows on low.

Should i report this somewhere?

Edited by xclusiv8

I figured it out. When using Shadows above low with the effect setting on High the stutters start. It seems like the new advanced shaders dont go to well with shadows on anything above the low setting.

I got to this conclusion by doing a systematic check with all of the setting on low then putting them up one by one and checking if any one of them could cause the problem. I had effects on high to start with cause i assumed it was something that was related to the new shaders. And i think i was right. I can have everything on high/unlimed but as soon as i put shadwos above low and effects on high it stutters. The effect setting on high gives a huge fps boost. If i lower it to medium and put shadows on high i get the same fps as in SF2E.

Could you guys try it out aswell.

Effect on high

Shadows on high

and Effect on high

Shadows on low.

Should i report this somewhere?

that was what I recommened you try. Good data point.

I have my effects and shadows both on low.

I suggest checking to see if that info is in the Knowledge base and if it isn't, adding it.

1680 x 1050 res, all eye candy maxed (including shadows), horizon distance set at normal 4x FSAA, 16x AF, etc. etc. etc.

To borrow a phrase from the realestate crowd "configuration, configuration, configuration". :grin:

img00093.JPG

img00094.JPG

wow................!

I really do need to upgrade my computer........... :type:

1680 x 1050 res, all eye candy maxed (including shadows), horizon distance set at normal 4x FSAA, 16x AF, etc. etc. etc.

To borrow a phrase from the realestate crowd "configuration, configuration, configuration". :grin:

Those are some nice looking shots. Care to share how you achived this?

Gigabyte EP35-DS3L main board

C2D E8400 CPU OC'd to 3.6 ghz

4 GB PC 1066 RAM @ 960 mhz w/tight timings

EVGA GeForce 250GT 1024 OC w/190.38 drivers

An anchient (2001) Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card

2x 500 GB Seagate SATA II drives under ACHI

Windows XP SP3

DX9.0C

When I upgrade to Windows 7, I will finally be forced to retire the Santa Cruz....it's on its third system :grin:

My Turtle Beach Santa Cruz went into at least two of my systems, and is now purring along happily in my girlfriend's business computer. They are great sound cards, and most importantly, no messing with Creative drivers!

My Turtle Beach Santa Cruz went into at least two of my systems, and is now purring along happily in my girlfriend's business computer. They are great sound cards, and most importantly, no messing with Creative drivers!

i have not used a soundcard since like for ever =P the builtin motherboard soundcard is usually enough.

i have not used a soundcard since like for ever =P the builtin motherboard soundcard is usually enough.

Until you realize that it takes away CPU cycles.....

Until you realize that it takes away CPU cycles.....

yeah but a quad core cpu is more than enough to handle such a load even in heavy duty gaming.

yeah but a quad core cpu is more than enough to handle such a load even in heavy duty gaming.

It still takes CPU cycles on ALL cores....

It still takes CPU cycles on ALL cores....

that is true if you are running a single threaded game like sf2. But with a modern multi threaded game sound usually gets a core of its own so no cpu cycles are lost.

But with a modern multi threaded game sound usually gets a core of its own so no cpu cycles are lost.

Hardware callouts are not necessarily limited to a single core, but rather load-balanced across all cores. I've done a bit of of research into this, and it's rather easy to prove, by running task manager in logging mode.

Besides, you were asking specifically about SF2I.