Sign in to follow this  
ace888

Additional outer pylong on each wing of the F-104G?

My Friends,

I have try to change the Data.INI on the F-104G with the addition of the outer wing pylon to make it look like the F-104S-ASA-M. Now, I know... why don't I just use the F-104S-ASA-M mod. Will, I want the many F-104G skins that we have here at combat ace, so that is why I want to add the additional pylon.

Is it possible to add additional pylon by just changing the Data.INI without changing the model's graphics and of course the skin? I am thinking that, you need to make a whole new mod just to have the additional hard points on the outer wing, plus new skin?

Also, I want to add the "ravenclaws_007" modded German Navy F-104G's chaff and flare to the aircraft. Ravenclaw_007 did and excellent job with the aircraft and the skin.

I am testing the chaff/flare mod on the F-104S-ASA-M to see if it will show up. I am doubtful because I think the skin needs to be modded too?

Thanks

Edited by ace888

No no, you don't have to mod the skin too. If you create an additional pylon, it will be there on the wing, it will just be invisible. As far as I know, you would have to add pylons to the aircraft package (similarly to the various canards mods with existing aircraft) to be able to see them. With the canards mods, you would then need an additional texture to be linked to them so you can actually see them and this would apply to any pylons you would add too.

I thought the F-104S-ASA-M mod was made using the F-104G as a template. If that is so, then the skins should work fine with it. In theory... :smile:

G models never had more pylons/attachments than we are given in the stock one. Now, adding a internal jammer, as some late-model KLU Gs had, is a nothing data ini mod.

Why would you need to mod the skin for CM dispensers? Just add them to the data ini, adjusting the 'ejection location',if necessary, and go from there. Don't think Gs every had them at any rate (ASA-Ms might have had them added just before retirement, but I never added them, just the decpetion jammer), other than MF versions

Jet-Zs AMI 104G/S/S-ASA/ASA-M skins are ALL based off using the STOCK 3rdWire 104G lods.

The 104S/etc pylon set, which includes extra ventral strakes, has been in the various and sundry weapons pak since about 2006-ish. Look for

F-104S_1.bmp

F-104S_1.LOD

your mounting positions and loadout info can be found in my S-ASA-M mod, or Jet-Zs S/S-ASAs. Right now, it adds them as a weapon/weapon station. If one is clever enough, it can be switched over to the 'fake pilot' method, allowing the pylons to exist on game-generated parked aircraft.

You can even swap out the 2ndy ADI, and turn it into a working RWR if one know what to look for and where/how to mod it.

But, like 'extra pylons' on a G, it's not historically correct (cause, if your Primary ADI fails, whatcha gonna do then?)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

"Wrench"

Good information... thanks

"gerwin"

I forgot that I have that webpage too.... thanks

"Say What?"

you and I where in the same thinking process... thanks