Sign in to follow this  
Luiz Carlos

Question for WOI2 users

I´m using Win XP at this time and still suspicious about Win 7 and my old games like Il2 and Rfactor not functioning properly on it.

I have been playing SF series since initial launch and the screenshots that I saw don´t clarify to me if I will have graphics or gameplay gains if I do the upgrade to Win7 and buy WOV2 and WOI2.

What about to play WOI2 in Win XP? Are there noticeable graphics changes vs Win 7, because DX10 shaders?

Thanks in advance for replies.

I'm using XP too.

You wont get the new fancy DX10 effects ( all the glow stuff etc ), effects look pretty much like in the classic SF series.

~

Going from XP to Win 7 with DX10 support gave me both better looking effects and higher framerates.

None of my older games have had any problems running on Win 7 so far (still in the process of installing my library since I wiped my hard drive to go 64-bit).

I agree with Mr Streak...i went from all SF2 sim on xp upto win 7 and theres a a huge difference,win 7 looks so much sexier and smoother frame rate...only been useing win 7 for a week but so far no problems on any of my sims or games.

xx v xx

Windows 7 has pretty much awesome backwards compability. I love it.