Looking very good!

I have a question to do. Did the Yak-28 was a supersonic aircraft? Because under SFP1 or WOx at oct.08 standard it can't go over mach 0.85/ 0.9 at low or high altitude. And this not only with your recent Yak-28PP but even with all your previous Yak-28 pack.

This is a whole new YAK-28 pack the prevous is I think from Monty If I`m not wrong, this has a new LOD and some new ini edits

@lindr you PM maybe you have seen it ;-)

104::

Did the Yak-28 was a supersonic aircraft? Because under SFP1 or WOx at oct.08 standard it can't go over mach 0.85/ 0.9 at low or high altitude.

I noticed that and what I did is funny. Before I learned the basics of FM, I did what Yak did in real life trying to copy Su-15 features to his -28. See 76 linked poast above about Yak-28-64. I actually thought of that episode when I did the following.

I knew Boopidoo's Su-15 could go supersonic hi, so I copy-pasted the Su-15 fuselage data to my Yak-28 data. It worked perfectly -- supersonic but not Mach 2. I'll eventually tune it to -28 standard myself when I get round to it. But it got it supersonic hi for now.

This is a whole new YAK-28 pack the prevous is I think from Monty If I`m not wrong, this has a new LOD and some new ini edits

Yes, you're right. I'm referring on those INI mods done by Lindr2 but yes the models are from Monty_CZ.

@Lexx: Thanks... will try that.

Can somebody PM this to me please? Rapidshare isn't working too good, or for me rather... And note to self lindr2, if you want to distribute freely, email it to me and I'll upload it in the topic.

Edited by EricJ

A real beauty,

(In SF-2, too).

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Paul

Yak-28B old type air intake cone, RBP-3 radar, 'full glass' nose, other models air intake cones also reworked.

89c963375b7c.jpg

Edited by lindr2

Yak-27R: work started (150 planes in 1958-59)

- one wheel nose gear

- fuselage length reduced at 1.2 m

- new engines nacelle

- new FT (late version)

- new wing profile & position

9730d5d26657.jpg

2359c830f5c5.jpg

7b82334193a4.jpg

project update

yak-27R: back gear moved to center, before left/right small gear, on the place of bombbay

yak-28B nose probe update.

added two small glass windows on navigator seat...

f96ffd9bdaea.jpg

6bb8ccc5c924.jpg

So we'll have the whole Yak's line up!

An other must have.

Go on, please.

Paul :clapping:

That`s true a must have ;-) thanks lindr2

yak-27R with recon cameras in special bays

81a873834df2.jpg

Yak-28P (Early)

42674b518d34.jpg

Yak-28PM (P Late)

af5c92c2bb27.jpg

d8a9ebe0cac9.jpg

Very interesting (!).

We will monitor the progress and wait for its completion (!).

Well, what if I can help, help ...

Hi lindr 2 any news on those birds?! :drinks:

cuurently i'm very busy, but i can send Yak-28I for testing - it's most wide used modification, used in afganistan in 1979-81 (with 2-4 RBK-500 almost) 1 plane lost (4 feb 1980 in landing accident) {2 yak-28R lost 19 mars 1981 (tech problem on takeoff)& 15 apr 1987 - S/D by stinger.

http://www.onlinedisk.ru/file/358885/

Edited by lindr2

Nice work lindr, I like the reworked models!

I think about sf2 version. but "small" problem - no good cockpit. Wrench a-4e repaint not working in sf2...

Use CockpitDataFile=A-4E_cockpit.ini code or upload as AI ?

the phantoms cockpit from the other Yaks works just fine in SF2; you just need "all" the bits

wrench

kevin stein

I'm enjoying your MiG-23s a lot, (just downloaded the Polish MF), but I'm waiting for the Yaks. I'm planning to play a modded WOE soviet campaign flying bombers (using the NATO Fighters campaigns), and I need these wonderful planes (I and L models for the 1968 campaign) because IL-28 bombers are not very historically correct for this timeframe (in Soviet forces, Polish could use them). A new improved FM would help my survivability too...

By the way, I think I have discovered the bug in these birds FM:

-Go to the fuselage data and go to this line:

CD0MachTableData=1.275,1.000,0.991,46.549,48.253

I suggest to change the two last numbers, for example:

CD0MachTableData=1.275,1.000,0.991,4.655,4.825

The plane is supersonic now!!!

The same bug is in the Yak-25 FM. With my fix, the Yak-25 is faster, but not supersonic (as shoud be).

Test this stuff, please, and tell me how works (I'm not a genius about those things). Good flying!!!