Hi are there any f-14 tomcats for sf2 yet i tried to port it over alls ok apart from the cockpit ..missing instruments :(

I had one A working on SF2E. I just adapted the folder structure for skins and weapons and got the cockpit from Desert Storm. It doesn´t take too much work, so i guess it will be out soon

The Tomcat works fine in SF2 for me. I have The Trooper's cockpit installed, which has no missing instruments and uses Crusader's HUD. The only modifications I had to make was to get the HUD to work, adding the HUD Materiel line, and I replaced the burner with the F-4's burner.

Eagerly awaiting the SF2 tomcats... It's been the longest 2 weeks ever, but it is soooo gonna be woth it...

I'm hoping they'll show for Christmas. While on the subject of cats, can anyone tell me what ravenclaw's F-14A/B/D mod does specifically to the Iranian F-14A model?

Spiff

The Tomcats will more than likely not be ready by Christmas.

FC

I'm hoping they'll show for Christmas. While on the subject of cats, can anyone tell me what ravenclaw's F-14A/B/D mod does specifically to the Iranian F-14A model?

Spiff

It's all in the TCS my friend. :grin:

F-14s initially came with the ALQ-100 ecm antena under the nose. Then later a IR blister, the television camera set (TCS), and finally a infrared search and track system side mounted with the TCS (only found on the "D"). To further complicate things, some F-14's (depending the squad, the era, and whatever other factors)had aerodynamic cones installed in place of the chin pod electronics.

Raveclaw's mod was a cosmetic upgrade which simulated these various pods. All depends on the squadron and the years you are trying to represent. Good stuff IMHO. :drinks:

Thanks ironroad, that's what I figured from the bitmaps. I tried to apply it to a MF F-14A and had pilot legs sticking out the bottom, back by the phoenix stations. Surprised me a little bit.

Spiff

Thanks ironroad, that's what I figured from the bitmaps. I tried to apply it to a MF F-14A and had pilot legs sticking out the bottom, back by the phoenix stations. Surprised me a little bit.

Spiff

You have to drop the files in the aircraft folder if I remember correctly, or else you get the pilots hanging from the plane.