Sign in to follow this  
Axgrinder

Rate Multiplayer Online

Rate your Off online experience based on the following criteria:

MP Then & Now.

Online glitches (mismatches, jitters, etc.).

Ease of joining MP games.

Online hosts.

Types of MP missions being flown.

Attitude and behavior of online players.

Do me a favor and rate these on a scale of 1 - 10. Feel free to leave comments both positive and negative on any aspect of the online game. I am hoping other OFF players, online hosts and the OFF developers will be able to get an idea of what the OFF online and offline community at large thinks of the MP aspect the game!

Thanks everyone!Salute.gif

Rate your Off online experience based on the following criteria:

Do me a favor and rate these on a scale of 1 - 10. Feel free to leave comments both positive and negative on any aspect of the online game. I am hoping other OFF players, online hosts and the OFF developers will be able to get an idea of what the OFF online and offline community at large thinks of the MP aspect the game!

Thanks everyone!Salute.gif

Good idea, Ax,

Here's my input;

MP Then & Now: 3 then, 9 now. Previously, could seldom get up and running for MP, things are much better now.

Online glitches (mismatches, jitters, etc.): 8 Because about 80% of the time there's no trouble and we get through the entire mission without someone having technical troubles.

Ease of joining MP games: 9.

Online hosts: 11. You guys go out of your way to make these sessions work...from mission building, skinning, tech support, etc., all the way to providing server space. What a great community!

Types of MP missions being flown: 10. It's obvious that a lot of work goes into these missions.

Attitude and behavior of online players: Again, 10+ 'Nuff said.

My 2 cents

MP Then & Now.

then=0(just started with BHAH), now 9

Online glitches (mismatches, jitters, etc.).

7 or 8 mainly just starting

9..thanks to several of you guys working you arses off getting MP to work

Online hosts.

10 couldnt ask for better hosts, always willing to help newbies

9 havent flown a bad one yet

Attitude and behavior of online players

1..no beer being served on flights, really 10 great group of guys

MP Then & Now. MP Then.....3 (hit and miss ) MP Now.................9 (internet connects better)

Online glitches (mismatches, jitters, etc.). 8 (few mismatches, but solvable; Frame rate good, no lag or slide show effect

Ease of joining MP games. 7 (Maybe be my system, but a few times have to try BOTH interfaces before connects)

Online hosts. 10 (patient, and couteous to everyone.......even us newbies)

Types of MP missions being flown. 8 (only flown a few, but very realistic AFAIK)

Attitude and behavior of online players. 10 ( a great group ..........again very patient and understanding;always helpful with issues)

It has been a great experience so far, and I hope to continue flying with all of you!!!!!!

Well this is going to be impossible since I have such a posative bias towards OFF to begin with. But Ill try to be objective here. grin.gif

MP Then & Now. Well I joined up flying multiplayer just earlier this month so I'm not sure I can comment on the "Then" portion of the question. But as for "Now"? 8.5 overall.

Online glitches (mismatches, jitters, etc.). (7) For me the only category that is not a score of 9 or above. Aircraft / skin mismatches are quite infrequent and often easily solved but there are occasions where it keeps a pilot out of action for the day. As for the "jitters" this is my only major concern with playing multiplayer. Many times I simply will circle around the enemy encounter and in a few seconds the aircraft seem to settle down and the jitters stop alltogether. Yet still on other occasions they "jitter" around to an extent that I can't engage in combat and have to let the others do the work. (I can only speak to what I see during the MP game, others may not experience the same) There are quite often missions where there are no "jitters" at all, while others seem unplayable. I would also mention the "lock-ups", since they do occur 'ocasionally'. But in all fairness my single player campaign missions crash me to the briefing screen more often than a MP session 'locks-up'. DOH! hehe

Ease of joining MP games. (9) This is where the MP gurus really shine. Stumpjumper, Sitting Duck and the gang really have got there stuff together here. I'm not a very computer savay guy to begin with. But since downloading and installing the few MP patches I have yet to be UNable to get into a game. And those that do have an issue it is 9 times out of 10 resolved in a few short minutes. TeamSpeak is vital here. I mean this is face to face IT support guys!!! Great work and thank you guys! drinks.gif

Online hosts. (10) Easy. Not even a question. Vasco, SD, Stumpjumper, Axe are simply another reason TO join the MP community. You guys are great!

Types of MP missions being flown. (9.5) This would be a 10 too but those missions where MvR shoots me in the dome from 800yds infront of everyone keeps it at 9.5. rofl.gif

Attitude and behavior of online players. (10) Won't find a more friendly bunch in an online sim anywhere else. But should that supprise anyone? I have to rate the OFF community on a whole a 10.

Comments: My experience with the MP aspect of OFF has been very posative! I've enjoyed flying with Jasta 4 and Vasco's aces and look forward to every sunday morning! If anyone has ever even 'thought' about trying MP, the only thing I can say to you is TRY IT! We have individual skins already! hehe Come get your claims confirmed by "human" pilots! And get a shiny new plane for your efforts. Did I mention that we have some GREAT artists in the group as well. I managed to get credit for my 5th confirmed victory just last sunday, And a BIG thanks to our very own Red Dog for putting a personal touch to my newly delivered Alby!

COME FLY THE MP SKIES!

MP Then & Now. ( ) Im a newer player of about 4 months now but MP is what makes this game for me.

Online glitches : (7) Mismatches seem to be an issue quite often. Jittering usually at the start of most encounters. Game freeze ismy peve..... I tired of being in the middle of a good DF and everything just stops. The jittering is a problem since I have been external covering one of the other pilots and I have seen the plane in front shoot and dmg the plane in the chase position. So there are issues with the jittering causing a few mis-kills on human pilots.

Ease of joining MP games. (10) I think I have had one issue that was easily resolved with Duck when I first got online and smooth sailing ever since.

Online hosts. (10) Not just the host, this is just a great group of fliers all around !

Types of MP missions being flown. (10) Just like flying the single player missions but way more fun. We use the game generated missions so we never know whats next. I think thats one of the great parts.

Attitude and behavior of online players. (11) again.... I have NEVER been around anything other than great attitude when we all fly together.

Come join us online and see how much fun the game can actually be with other pilots.

post-21750-12592592668514.jpg

Edited by Firecage

MP then & now.

Use to fly CFs2 7 years ago so it's a bit unfair now we've got super fast internet etc, NOW ] i use to be a SP man myself and wouldn't have a word said about it, but since playing MP i have not flown a single SP mission so i guess i'am hooked.

Online glitches.

( 7 ) The only thing that spoils the sessions is the freeze up's now and again, but overall no concerns.

( 10 ) Not had any problems apart from my stupidity

Online hosts.

(10) The best

( 10x 10 ) The sunday missions with Vasco are striaght out of the OFF campaign, so you get the same missions but with human pilots flying along side you.Also most of the time we all fly for the same side so there's no show off's trying to knock you out of the sky every minute.Then you've got Stump,Duck,Ax, and the others that provide us with home made missions which are outstanding and you get to try all sorts of stuff thats not in the standard mission packs.

Attitude and behavior of online players.

( 10 x10 ) Every one i've been on MP with are the sort of people you would want if this were real.More of a family than a community.

Best of all you get to have your own Ace skin if you make it to 5 kills. If only i could have one of these.

Edited by Red-Dog