Sign in to follow this  
hoongadoonga

hat in the ring

If we can't have both the skins and the fuel/ammo management, then I'm all for adding an option to the workshop to choose which one we can use.

If that's impossible, then I'd rather see OFF going back to where it was before this skin problem and enable the fuel/ammo management with no individual skins.

What's the point of taking off with a full tank if you know're only going to fly a short mission behind friendly lines like it was often the case with the German air force? And Germans had a serious shortage of fuel all through the war, so it would definitely make sense that they didn't use it any more than was absolutely necessary.

If having ammo and fuel management is seriously ahistorical according credible historical sources and the same sources tell us the real air forces of the period never did anything like that in the Great War, then I'd better understand our current situation.

But then we should also get rid of throttle for rotary engines and plane trim while flying, because those engines had no such throttle as the inline engines did and only very few WW1 planes had trim, as far as I know.

Having no ability to adjust fuel and ammo before taking off makes OFF less fun and enjoyable for me to play, which is a shame.

It's not going to be a DiD issue, for the simple fact that a real pilot could do it, and could have done it, historical accounts to confirm or deny it actually happening being somewhat irrelevant. Personally I don't think a lighter fuel-load would have made as much difference in a real Albatross (or any other plane) as it does in it's sim version, but that is also irrelevant. We also don't have Cray computers computing real physics. Or peripheral vision. Or a whole bunch of other reality.

Fact remains, real pilots could have done it, so it's not a DiD issue.

Guys we are looking into it still so hang on give us some time.

And we fully trust you devs. It's clear as water that you'll get us a solution.

For me it's no big deal. I'm more interested in the historical point of view.

Take your time.