Sign in to follow this  
liamp51

Strike fighters2 Israel.

Hi again,

Thank you so much for all your help installing new aircraft. I was looking and is possible that you could use the mig-21 cockpit pack for Wings Over Israel and use it in Strike Fighters2 Israel? Can you do this with other aircraft as well? I downloaded an A-6 intruder for Strike Fighters2 Vietnam and put in my Strike Fighters2 Israel aircraft folder and it showed up in game but once it loaded to 100% the game crashed to the "Blue Screen" error. Do the aircraft have to be for Strike Fighters2 Israel to work? Thanks,

liamp51

If you download a mod that was tested in a different or older version of the game then it may not work straight away for several reasons - however with a bit of tweaking it can probably be made to work.

not sure what A-6 you have there but if its trying to use something only found in SF2V then it wont work unless thats changed

Well I downloaded the WOI Mig-21 pack. It works perfectly except for one thing. The aircraft don't have any skins! They appear white all over! When I open up the folder they're in the Camo folders are there but the aircraft don't have any skins! Please help Me!

Thanks,

liamp51

Are the decals showing up??

I"m gonna venture a guess (not have SF2I), that perhaps the mapping of the LODs for SF2I might be different from WoI's. I know a lot of the lods for SF2/E/V had some changes.

If the mapping is the same, perhaps the install of the skinpak went wonky ... check for double nested folders (a very common problem)

Meaning: the folder are inside another folder, when they should be UP one level, with the stock skins folder

someting like:

/MiG-21MF/SovietSilver/SovietSilver

when it should be only once

just guessing, mind you!

wrench

kevin stein

EDIT: forgot the ask, is there a textureset.ini for the new skins in the new skin folders?

Edited by Wrench

most probably the bmp name needs to be adapted

with the many subversions, the planes use different bmp according to subvariant, a requirement in some cases

the game has a bug if different models (in this case subvariants) use the same bmp names...

this lead to some renaming in skins...

if the mod you want to use is based on stock LOD, you'll need to extract the original plane to see how the bmp's are named