Sign in to follow this  
OvS

Snow Storm hell... I drove through it...

Good to hear you are in one piece. In here is much snow and icey roads now. I have feel it too. The car dont move or stop easily.

I take one whiskey too. Cheers

Arto

That's exactly what it looked it... it was insane.

My wife said it best, it looked like one of those holocost movies when you see the main characters passing wreckage, death and all that, and they're hoping it doesn't happen to them. There were some like over 4,000 accidnets up the coast line on the roads.

I told my wife to take pictures, but she was stiff as a board, and pretty useless while I was driving in the sh%t. LOL!

Yes... I'm loose now.. a few whiskey sours and some good Italian food from Mom... all good!

Thanks fellas.

James

OvS

Glad all those battling through bad weather and earthquakes made it okay. But you've 'proper' bad weather to deal with... we've had 5 inches (12.5 cms) here in the South of England this evening and it's taken me 5.5 hours to travel the 37.5 miles from work to home!

Can you guys with proper bad weather send a bunch of people who can cope over to the UK, please. Ta.

Edited by Dej

I told my boss I was going home after a few hours at work before the roads got too bad but people were already sliding all over the place.

The kids rebelled before it stopped snowing and had me outside making their snowman. The stuff wouldn't pack so I had to resort to using buckets and sticking snow on them then mold the snow as best I could. My son had had enough and watched me from inside the house. My girl soldiered on after she got gloves. We only got 8 inches.

100_5040.JPG

Creaghorn, in those conditions you needed to be silent and concentrate on your driving, the girlfriend needed to jabber all the way to control her nerves. If you guys didn't have a heck of a fight maybe this girl is the one to marry?

probably she is the girl, but is it vice versa?

typical conversation.

she: i have to tell you what happened at work...

me: ah, ok (wow, yesterday i almost lost my campaign pilot because of the new buffeting in this dull weather...), tell me.

she:...and then i went down the street and...

me:aha (this rolands are tough beasts to land, but finally i'm experienced enough so my gunner doesn't have to feel unhappy anymore...), go on.

she:...and my mom told me yesterday that...

me:...ah, have to visit your parents soon, by the way (i hope i'll survive long enough to fall so i can change to a fightersquad)

she:...blah blah blah...

me: ah ok. (the recon jobs are getting tougher from week to week. especially deep in enemy territory. and this white flak is great). yes, of course i like your mother!

she: what are you talking about? i asked you how your shoulder is doing!!!

me: oh, ahem. yes... sorry blink.gif

Hahaha! There's another lesson for yer:

never get specific in your answers - best is just "hm-mm"; can mean anything! :ok: