Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

Extending usable years for SF2

I just tried to extend the flyable time period in SF2 just like I have done in WOE years ago, but I didn't get the same result. In fact in some aircraft such as the F-23 black widow all I have in the mission year bar is 1990, and nothing else! I followed Wrench's guide from a couple years ago to change the correct files to allow an increased time period in the game, but I guess it must be different for the SF2 series. If anyone knows the correct way to do this for SF2 I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=8/2/1964

EndDate=4/30/2012

It'd be in your main ini file, such as this taken from my "VietnamSEA.ini" file. Adjust it as above and you'll get the usable years.

Well I tried that but unfortunately it didn't work for Vietnam or Israel. I purchased the Sf2 combo pack and it includes all four terrains. The Desert and Germany Terrain allow me to fly up until 2015, but for some reason Vietnam or Israel wont adjust to the changes. If anyone knows anything I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

You can use CatPack to extract the VietnamSEA.ini and the IsraelME.ini and edit them accordingly :good: Or download eburger68's Vietnam Ground War Expansion for SF2V and knock it out that way.

maybe you also have to edit the userlist.ini of the aircraft...

Not really, as the 1990 issue is the start year, which if not fixed, it will go off of that, not so much the "in-between" years that the plane is supposed to be flying. Had the same issue and that tweak fixed the problem.

Hmm, I have extracted the ISRAELME.ini and edited the EndDate accordingly, but still I can't select a year other than the ServiceStartYear.... :dntknw:

Hmm, I have extracted the ISRAELME.ini and edited the EndDate accordingly, but still I can't select a year other than the ServiceStartYear.... :dntknw:

What folder did you put it into when you were done editing it?

What folder did you put it into when you were done editing it?

The wrong one, of course.

I had the files inside the SF2I>Terrains folder instead of SF2I>Terrains>IsraelME :rolleyes:

But thanks for asking that, it made be realize what I had missed. :wink:

The wrong one, of course.

I had the files inside the SF2I>Terrains folder instead of SF2I>Terrains>IsraelME :rolleyes:

But thanks for asking that, it made be realize what I had missed. :wink:

That is why I asked, because I did the exact same thing.