Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

God Bless Trance....

Listening to Sasha live at Privilege/Manumission in Ibiza right now, and it makes me thank God for giving humanity the capability to create such things as music and Dance music in particular.

Any other Techno freaks, I know Cowboy digs hard house <_< its all good though.

Cheers,

Jay

You been hitting the Stoli again Snapple?

<C>

Fates

Its so sad/funny how well the moderators know me on this site.... Yes, I am drunk, but at least I can still type. :D

Edited by snapple2993

Snapple,

I love trance and breaks. It's my fuel when I'm at work, coding, writing & running. Trance is excellent for those long Saturday/Sunday jogs..... nice. :D

Haha I remember that. BTW currently listening to Elvis vs JXL "A little less conversation remix" not trance, but a decent track. Oh yeah, and when I play Half-Life Rally I always listen to that Euro Dance Hi-NRG Pop stuff, great for racing ;)

Edited by CowboyTodd41

Hello,

JXL (Junkie XL, official named) is a Dutch man. Very proud are we in the Netherlands on a guy like him. And I liked Elvis a lot.

Question for those Trance lovers. Is trance the production of the pré-house music in the early nineties?

I like dance music (trance, happy hardcore, house, .....) in a disco.

Not when I am at work.

Salute

Dutchy

ps. Keep moving those legs....and dance!!!! B)

early 90's was just house (but sounded like trance), then all the other stuff like electronica, techno, trance, then house changed (now sounds like disco or something like it) then came progressive trance and house, which the two became so close they started calling it all progressive.

Break beats were first though...... oh the 80's :unsure:

The whole Genre of dance music is so divided its hard to keep track and I dont feel like naming them all, hell I'm probably out of order with the timeline, and what not.

I am so tired......... I HATE FINALS WEEK!

And just for Dutchy, DJ Tiesto is DJ of the year for the second year in a row.

Edited by snapple2993

The whole dance genre is even more frustrating when you're trying to buy some music in the shops. Everything is chucked into a section here called "underground." :rolleyes: I know what I like based on what I listen to. My fav lists include:

Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, (older) F.S.O.L., Fatboy Slim, (older) Moby, Paul Oakenfold, The Orb, Orbital, Mauro Picotto, Rennie Pilgrim, etc. etc.

How the heck do you classify that mixmash group?

Well they do a better job of dividing stuff here, but thats only in a few stores........ but most stores just put it all together as techno.... except for best buy, they label it all dance music..... but somehow I never thought of ambient as dance music <_<

:rolleyes: Ya I want to go buy some decent tracks, and all I see is a section labled "Dance" and I'm like ok....and then I did a dance, and got asked to leave the store. I guess the pants should've stayed on :(

Actually funnny story, one my friends' little brothers got arrested for indecent exposure when he did the Chris Pontius "Party Boy" bit at a Big Lot's. Oh well, serves em well for shopping at Big Lots.