Thats it I am making a Tactical retreat... Can't Surrender I am English to the core...

I have purchased SF2 Europe to bring me up to date :yikes: Just for that they will launch SF3 just to annoy me... Have already got the Nato Fighters Download sorted still enjoying the NF4 in the Legacy SF (Sorry F/A-18 pun intended)... Also has anyone got any good pointers for any other Campaigns to download?

Yes I will most likely purchase the entire series over the next couple of months... Are most of the changes a visual thing or is it more than that ?

Those are my 2 questions until the next ones...

I'm currently flying SF2Europe.

The graphics are much better and I'm running an older machine.

Be sure to get Stary's new terrain. It is really great.

The biggest thing that I have found is that the AI is a lot better.

Those Blankety blank Migs will have you for lunch damn near every time.

Keep your speed up and be ready to run for home.

• Like 1

Thats it I am making a Tactical retreat... Can't Surrender I am English to the core...

I have purchased SF2 Europe to bring me up to date :yikes: Just for that they will launch SF3 just to annoy me... Have already got the Nato Fighters Download sorted still enjoying the NF4 in the Legacy SF (Sorry F/A-18 pun intended)... Also has anyone got any good pointers for any other Campaigns to download?

Yes I will most likely purchase the entire series over the next couple of months... Are most of the changes a visual thing or is it more than that ?

Those are my 2 questions until the next ones...

Visually and alot more complexity, as the SF2 knowledge base can show you. Its just to me much better, and you can control what shows up based on who actually (or fictionally) used a particular aircraft/ground object/ship, etc. It's a lot more functionality that becomes more convenient when you start getting used to it. I still have my WOx games... but I only reinstall them when I have to find a particular file for older aircraft, or to get this or that, but I uninstall as soon as I'm done, since SF2E (my preferred one anyways) just works.

if you get the other series be careful with loading them. i got SF2V for Christmas after having SF2E since its release. the Dec patch seems to have caused a Prob with merged install so SF2E is in a Thirdwire folder in my C drive and SF2V in a Thirdwire2 folder. one of the biggest issues i recall with merged was objectdata3.cat file which couldnt be read by cat extractor and somehow made all E model Phantoms dissappear. as for 2nd Gen in general it kicks a$$. as i like to say WOE is like watching MASH on vcr tape, SF2E like watching House on Blu- ray. both great doctor shows but the newer comes out a bit better.

oh and make sure to take SF2E off and load in order if you get other titles.

Edited by daddyairplanes

Okay so far so good installed the NF4+ pack everything after reading the readme!!! For a change... and boy have they moved the file structure around. Anyways as my version is the latest patched version grrr not the Jun-09 patch is there a way of retrograding it or is that better asked on the Thirdwire forums? Also I don't know if this is to do with the patch or NF4+ but I took the GR1B up for a play and I have a double cockpit :blink: Also when taking off only tried a few jets so far they seem to bounce on the runway when they hit around a 100kts not a major biggie but did startle me first time round... p.s. handflying it of the ground various aircraft with light to heavy loadouts same happens. Me is thinking its to do with the imcompatability of the Dec Patch and NF4+ ho hum I can live with it though...

You are having issues because NF4+ is for Jun 2009 patch not Dec 2009 patch.

Cheers I figured that unfortunately the copy I came pre-patched oh well... time to do so modifications to suit... saying that though its still a damn good mod... so thanks for the mod anyhew the problems as I said I can work round them until I have sorted it all out...