Sign in to follow this  
galoub

New F15 Cockpit Problem

Hi

first of all thanks for this awesome F15 pack it's a real pleasure to play with, but i have a strange graphic problem. As you could see on my screenshot i have 2 white triangles in front of my cockpit, my game is well patched(dec 09) i have Sf2E and SF2;

Could you help me i didn't see anything in readme files regarding my pb.

546f88540fc2dd1a39eb871dc336bb54.jpg

Thanks

Helo Galoub!

have you tried to download again and replace the files?

Hi Silverbolt

In fact no i've downloaded the files once today, everything seemed all right, i'm going to try again..

One of our testers encountered this problem as well. I was never able to duplicate the problem. And I didn't hear back as to if the problem went away (I assume it did) with a later beta release.

FC

I also have this problem and I believe it could be the same as the "Ghost" problems appearing in some of the Mig 21 early cockpits. I do not know a fix. In previous stickies about the subject it was suggested it might be a Direct X 10 vs 9 issue. I am running on XP Direct X 9, Nvidia 7900 GTX 512mb. So if the Direct X 10 people are not having this problem then that maybe an answer.

I am currently just not looking at the "ghosts" and just going out there and Killing Silently.

James Fox.

I was thinking that too...the beta tester who had the problem was force running DX9 on SF2.

FC

i Have DX11 and i have this problem.... but im running the Nvidia HDR mod too....

I run the game in dx9 mode (i have xp32) could i run in dx10 with xp or must i have vista or seven to run in this mode ?

Alrighty folks, I got some good news and I got some bad news.

The good news is that I was able to duplicate the problem after I went into the OPTIONS.INI and set the UseAdvancedShaders= parameter to zero.

The bad news...the problem is within the cockpit MAX file and can only be fixed by the cockpit creator.

It seems now that meshes that are not assigned a material when exported (ie assigned a texture or color) will now show up as bright white that can be seen through everything. I figured this out after looking closely at the OUT file for the cockpit. In the older days, a mesh with an unassigned material might still be white, just not show through anything.

Unfortunately, the only way it can be fixed from what I can tell is either turn the UseAdvancedShaders= parameter back to 1, or fix the cockpit MAX file.

FC

Hum hum i just discover that the parameter is already set to 1 in my option.ini (forcedx9=False), must be something else or did i miss something?

There is no DX10 for XP as released by Microsoft.

By default that means that SF2 is running in DX9, which also means (I think) the UseAdvancedShaders parameter is not used (ie is zero).

FC

PS Nope, I'm wrong...even if I force DX9, the triangles don't show up as long as the UseAdvancedShaders parameter is set to 1.

Edited by FastCargo

That's why even if the parameter is set to 1 it is useless ? so when you you run the game with xp you can't avoid the bug ?

Anyway Thanks for you answer this pack remains for me a great addon thanks for sharing it

Edit didn't see your edit

this my graphicoptions with these parameters i have the the triangles even with forcedx9=false

[GraphicsOptions]

DisplayDeviceID=0

DisplayWidth=1280

DisplayHeight=1024

DisplayDepth=32

AspectRatio=1.250000

AntiAliasing=0

UseAdvancedShaders=1

LensFlare=1

DetailLevel=4

ObjectDetail=2

ObjectTexture=3

CockpitTexture=3

CockpitMirrors=0

CockpitReflection=1

EffectsDetail=2

TerrainDetail=2

TerrainTexture=2

HorizonDistance=2

GroundObjectDensity=2

WaterDetail=2

CloudsDetail=2

Shadow=0

ForceDX9=TRUE

ForceVSyncOff=FALSE

hope it helps

Edited by galoub

I'm working on a potential fix. I've managed to get rid of one of the triangles so far.

The other will take more time for me to troubleshoot.

FC

I'm working on a potential fix. I've managed to get rid of one of the triangles so far.

The other will take more time for me to troubleshoot.

FC

Thanks a lot

Hi all

Just a litle bump to say that i go back to June09 Patched version and i don't get these triangles anymore. I also recover some bvr green circles that i lost with the new patch. I also eliminate a afterburner sound pb on F18F (always presents with dec09 patch) well i think i'm gonna stay with my old good june09 patch as my os is winxp and that's what i advise for people who meet the same difficulties..My two cents

It's normal you have it "fixed" with that patch, as it didn't include advanced effects as the latest patch did...and the issue is a combination of things brought alongside new advanced effects

That's why even if the parameter is set to 1 it is useless ? so when you you run the game with xp you can't avoid the bug ?

Anyway Thanks for you answer this pack remains for me a great addon thanks for sharing it

Edit didn't see your edit

this my graphicoptions with these parameters i have the the triangles even with forcedx9=false

[GraphicsOptions]

DisplayDeviceID=0

DisplayWidth=1280

DisplayHeight=1024

DisplayDepth=32

AspectRatio=1.250000

AntiAliasing=0

UseAdvancedShaders=1

LensFlare=1

DetailLevel=4

ObjectDetail=2

ObjectTexture=3

CockpitTexture=3

CockpitMirrors=0

CockpitReflection=1

EffectsDetail=2

TerrainDetail=2

TerrainTexture=2

HorizonDistance=2

GroundObjectDensity=2

WaterDetail=2

CloudsDetail=2

Shadow=0

ForceDX9=TRUE

ForceVSyncOff=FALSE

hope it helps

Don't mix the bolded stuff, I re-created the same thing by accident a few months ago.

I didn't wrote this once really but anyway UseAdvancedShaders=1 tries to use DX10 effects, since you are running in DX9 mode ofcourse you have issues. The extra problem is that above certain Effects setting in-game the value changes automatically to 0 or 1 respectively

I tried to run the game in DX10 but set my Effects to medium in game, so I had similar problem, game wanted to run in DX10 but didn't use dx10 effects and I got the same error(also on the MiG-21 pits and some others).

So generally if one wants to use DX9 with SF2:I+ versions of game make sure:

1. UseAdvancedShaders=0

AND

2. ForceDX9=TRUE

ALSO

Do not set the in-game effects options to high or extra as that will again activate advancedshaders and you will again get the same error.

Hope this can help...

EDIT: corrected a simple error lol

Edited by Brain32

Ok i understand, but for the moment i think i'm gonna stay with June patch as i didn't see any difference except the bugs.

Maybe later i will give it another try with your tips.

By the way i find this dx10 stuff a little funny, Tk introduced using DX10 effects while its old terrains have not been improved at all..never mind

Thanks your answer much appreciated

Edited by galoub

By the way i find this dx10 stuff a little funny, Tk introduced using DX10 effects while its old terrains have not been improved at all..never mind

Thanks your answer much appreciated

It's far simpler and much less expensive to change the DirectX callout (shaders, etc.), than it is to completely revamp the terrain engine. TK has stated numerous times that he does not have the resources (money) to do the latter. Think of ThirdWire as a small store, barely hanging on in this day and age of Walmarts and Target stores, and you'll get the picture.

Ok setting unlimted,

[GraphicsOptions]

DisplayDeviceID=0

DisplayWidth=1280

DisplayHeight=800

DisplayDepth=32

AspectRatio=1.600000

AntiAliasing=1

UseAdvancedShaders=1

ForceDX9=TRUE

ForceVSyncOff=FALSE

LensFlare=0

DetailLevel=3

ObjectDetail=2

ObjectTexture=3

CockpitTexture=3

CockpitMirrors=1

CockpitReflection=1

EffectsDetail=3

TerrainDetail=2

TerrainTexture=3

HorizonDistance=3

GroundObjectDensity=3

WaterDetail=2

CloudsDetail=2

Shadow=3

No Triangles

A mix of high and unlimted

[GraphicsOptions]

DisplayDeviceID=0

DisplayWidth=1280

DisplayHeight=800

DisplayDepth=32

AspectRatio=1.600000

AntiAliasing=1

UseAdvancedShaders=1

ForceDX9=TRUE

ForceVSyncOff=FALSE

LensFlare=0

DetailLevel=4

ObjectDetail=2

ObjectTexture=3

CockpitTexture=3

CockpitMirrors=1

CockpitReflection=0

EffectsDetail=2

TerrainDetail=2

TerrainTexture=3

HorizonDistance=3

GroundObjectDensity=3

WaterDetail=2

CloudsDetail=2

Shadow=2

No triangles

[GraphicsOptions]

DisplayDeviceID=0

DisplayWidth=1280

DisplayHeight=800

DisplayDepth=32

AspectRatio=1.600000

AntiAliasing=1

UseAdvancedShaders=0

ForceDX9=TRUE

ForceVSyncOff=FALSE

LensFlare=0

DetailLevel=4

ObjectDetail=2

ObjectTexture=3

CockpitTexture=3

CockpitMirrors=1

CockpitReflection=0

EffectsDetail=1

TerrainDetail=2

TerrainTexture=3

HorizonDistance=3

GroundObjectDensity=3

WaterDetail=2

CloudsDetail=2

Shadow=2

Triangles

In this last case I had set the effects to medium.This verifies what others have been saying.

First of all your Eagle pack is simply amazing.

Second how is the fix going? I've got XP, tried all the suggestions and i still get the triangles. Also i don't know if you noticed and since nobody else mentioned it there is a third small white rectangle inside the right MFD.

Hope everything goes well. Once again truly astounding work.

Edited by verde13

Well, I've eliminated the first triangle.

I think I can eliminate the small square in the Right MFD.

The upper triangle is giving me fits however...trying to find which mesh that is has been a slog.

FC

First of all your Eagle pack is simply amazing.

Second how is the fix going? I've got XP, tried all the suggestions and i still get the triangles. Also i don't know if you noticed and since nobody else mentioned it there is a third small white rectangle inside the right MFD.

Hope everything goes well. Once again truly astounding work.

FastCargo is going through the pits .LOD file with a hexeditor line by line. There are hundreds of entries in there and its going to take him days if not weeks to figure out each one to get the right file to correct.

Just a little background, I was testing this with the SF2 Dec patch with DX10, shaders on etc, so the triangles never showed up. Part of using the Dec patch was older files had to be updated to make use of the shaders etc etc etc. Well I didn't feel like doing that so I forced the sim to run DX9 and turned the shaders off. Reinstalled the HDR bloom mod and everything worked. I was testing the F-15R (I think) it was when I noticed the triangles. I sent FC a screen shot and he tested his F-15's and didnt find it. So we chalked it up to some glitch on my computer. Little did we know it was the whole DX10 thing causing it. So please I hope no one thinks we decided to release this in haste. Frankly I am disappointed because I have been wanting a pit for the Mudhen for a long time and those triangles just irrtate the piss out of me. So I hope FC find a cure for it. He is really doing his best in a task that is likened to trying to tape a paper you just shredded back together.