Sign in to follow this  
peter01

Eh?

Hello everybody! Been a while I guess ...

post-7058-12648118021636.jpg

post-7058-1264811833689.jpg

But what's this BE2C masquerading as an Avro 504D?

I'm confused - is this a new Quirk that you've cooked up Peter?

Mike

Thanks for the welcome back guys!

Avro or BE2c :oops:? A BE2c, Mike. Started a mission flying Avros then changed to a single seater Be2c, but didn't notice the plane name in the screenshot until you pointed it out :doh:.

The BE12 was the idea for modding the BE2c - as the BE12 was a basically a BE2c maybe there were some intrepid souls that inspired the idea with their own makeshift changes with a forward firing gun in the field.

Not passing through Bucky, have always taken breaks, though they are getting longer, and RL is certainly busier.

Anyway, have been working on a lot of the FMs. Many needed improvements. Others are just done differently - whether these seem better to others could be more a personal preference and/or type of joystick thing (mine is a MSFFB). But many are really nice IMO, individually done rather than mass produced, but a downside is none are completely ready yet. Or not fully tested.

So, might just upload a few at a time here on the forum before uploading to CA's D/L section. Maybe a few a week. Won't overwhelm myself that way, or you guys for that matter.

So, any preferences on which ones first :dntknw: ? No promises though, may not have redone or completed them, but if started, I'll try to finish.

Edited by peter01

There is hope for this game after all when this man is around, and it needs (and deserves) a little boost. It is much under-estimated among the flight-sim community and Peter lends it a lot of gravitas with his masterful FM's and AI, which, after all, should be the most important components of any sim, ahead of graphics, immersion and all the other stuff, not to make little of these either. Welcome back, sir.

Edited by Sky High

Hey Tailspin, good to be back :good:.

Thanks Sky High. And you are right, it is a good game and underestimated. If TK continues to improve the game, it will stay competitive, or better with the modding community. Hopefully others are still producing terrains and models, as well as skins.

Thanks for the welcome back guys!

Avro or BE2c :oops:? A BE2c, Mike. Started a mission flying Avros then changed to a single seater Be2c, but didn't notice the plane name in the screenshot until you pointed it out :doh:.

The BE12 was the idea for modding the BE2c - as the BE12 was a basically a BE2c maybe there were some intrepid souls that inspired the idea with their own makeshift changes with a forward firing gun in the field.

Not passing through Bucky, have always taken breaks, though they are getting longer, and RL is certainly busier.

Anyway, have been working on a lot of the FMs. Many needed improvements. Others are just done differently - whether these seem better to others could be more a personal preference and/or type of joystick thing (mine is a MSFFB). But many are really nice IMO, individually done rather than mass produced, but a downside is none are completely ready yet. Or not fully tested.

So, might just upload a few at a time here on the forum before uploading to CA's D/L section. Maybe a few a week. Won't overwhelm myself that way, or you guys for that matter.

So, any preferences on which ones first :dntknw: ? No promises though, may not have redone or completed them, but if started, I'll try to finish.

Ah, now I get it Peter. One further question then, where did you find the BE2c model? The ones I've found seem to have BE2a wings, not the BE2c type.

BTW let me also add a hearty welcome back!

Mike

Ah, now I get it Peter. One further question then, where did you find the BE2c model? The ones I've found seem to have BE2a wings, not the BE2c type.

BTW let me also add a hearty welcome back!

Mike

Not sure what you mean Mike?

The BE2a was a wingwarper wasn't it, while the BE2c had ailerons? That is how mine are - and that is how I thought they were done by the A-Team.

You have something different? Quite possible, can't remember what I have done to these plane models or FMs over the years :blink:

Not sure what you mean Mike?

The BE2a was a wingwarper wasn't it, while the BE2c had ailerons? That is how mine are - and that is how I thought they were done by the A-Team.

You have something different? Quite possible, can't remember what I have done to these plane models or FMs over the years :blink:

Now _I'm_ no longer sure what I mean Peter! I was referring to the wingtip shape, which I _thought_ looked different on your BE2c (more BE2c-like) from that on the A-Team's version, which I seem to recollect looked the same as the BE2a's symmetrically-tapered wingtip shape. Trouble is, I can't check for a while, just gone overseas on a 2-3 month TDY, and of course all this good stuff is on the desktop back home.

In other words, everyone please ignore my burbling!!

Mike

Ah, I see Mike. No doubt you are right about the correct wing shape, but mine is based on the standard BE2C model. Maybe the angle in the screenshot, and maybe because I have mixed and matched available paint schemes for my BE2Cs - some parts are from BE2As skins (as well as BE2D skins).