Sign in to follow this  
kva

Falcon 4.0 Versions and mods

Hey guys,

I know this going to sound stupid but what is Freefalcon , redviper and these mods ? can they be installed to Falcon 4.0 Allied forces? and if so how is it installed ?

PS: is there a falcon 5.0?

There is no Falcon 5 - although Lead Pursuit are still working on the next sim whatever that will be called.

For Falcon 4: Allied Force there are no official mods - but Free Falcon 4 (Redviper) and FreeFalcon 5 do work over it.

In my exp dont expect a hassle free experience though and FF5 is not too stable at the mo.

Im back with good old F4:AF - beside JDAMs make it too easy lol

for install you need to find the instructions on their forums

Its true , I tried all versions of the modded falcon 4 and at some point they all stall out ,

I found it hard going back to the usual gfx of lead persuit however the system is more stable thus Im settled with this one for now untill something more official comes out

I have heard of Free Falcon 5.3 which I tried out but found it still need work especially on the campaign engine compared to Falcon 4 Allied Force. I know about Open Falcon and have heard about other older mods like Viper and such.

BUT I have never heard of BMS... What is it and is it worth trying out?

I have heard of Free Falcon 5.3 which I tried out but found it still need work especially on the campaign engine compared to Falcon 4 Allied Force. I know about Open Falcon and have heard about other older mods like Viper and such.

BUT I have never heard of BMS... What is it and is it worth trying out?

Not sure myself - but it sounds like an acronym for a mod from many many years ago for the original Falcon 4.0

Yes, I remember BMS was around before F4:AF was released.

BMS was the end all be all of falcon development!

It was a hell of a dance to get it all on your hard drive properly, but once you did: just WOW! The feel, the sights. I can still remember flying on the deck during a nightime rainstorm, and seeing the hill tops lightup from lighting flashes, even had lighting hit so close to me it lit up the ground and I could see houses by the flash. Amazing stuff made a long time ago by some very talented people.

Hag

BMS was the end all be all of falcon development!

It was a hell of a dance to get it all on your hard drive properly, but once you did: just WOW! The feel, the sights. I can still remember flying on the deck during a nightime rainstorm, and seeing the hill tops lightup from lighting flashes, even had lighting hit so close to me it lit up the ground and I could see houses by the flash. Amazing stuff made a long time ago by some very talented people.

Hag

Is it this one, cos this looks way more up to date than AF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbR38S6h9VA

I can agree with everything said here. I wanted sim that looked better, but Free Falcon 5.0 and Open Falcon just were not reliable at all. Falcon 4.0 allied force is the stable sim i have seen and it is still just as fun. Free Falcon isnt a mod, you can download, install, and play without Allied Force. But good luck doing more than one mission in a row, or a complete one at that. Falcon 4 Allied force is the best for consistency.