Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCoach

SF2E: F-14 problems

I just got SF2E yesterday (Dec2009 version). I installed the MF F-14A the applied Ramblers F-14A SF2 update pack as per the instructions. It flys but I notice a couple of things that make me wonder if I did something wrong. Visually, I see the extra light source effects when the AB is engaged, but I don't see any afterburner flame. Also, the list of available weapons seems really goofy depending on the year I select in the single mission generator. The AIM-54A is available up 1984, but if I select any years after that, the AIM-54C does not show as available event though it's service years in it's ini file show as 1985-2010.

I also downloaded Spiff's SF2E F-14D. Installed as per instructions. Seems to work fine for the most part except that I don't see any AB flame. No enhanced AB lighting effects but this was noted in the readme so I wasn't expecting them.

I may be worth noting that previous to installing any of the F-14 add-ons, I installed all the weapons, the F-15C and F-15E_04 from the SF2 F-15 Superpack. I don't if there's any chance that that may be influencing some of the odd weapon choices I'm seeing for the F-14A.

I compared the F-14A_data and F-14D_data and loadout ini files briefly last night but I've been away from thsi for quite a while so it will take me a while to get back up to speed. I once knew enough about them to create a Bombcat a few years ago, but I've since forgotten pretty much everything.

Any thoughts? Anyone with similar experiences? Thanks.

Jon

First all F-14's out are based on the Mirage factory's F-14A, the rest you find anywhere are all mods of that planes. All those planes need to be brought up to Dec 2009 SF2 standards, so they will give you problems.

What kind of odd weapons choices are you seeing though?

Regarding the afterburner effect, there are a couple of options. The simplest invloves forcing the model to use a default effect, such as the F15AfterburnerEmitter. To do so, in the F-14A folder, open up the F-14A_data.ini scroll down to the Engines section, and edit the AfterburnerEmitterName= entry for both engines, like so AfterburnerEmitterName=F15AfterburnerEmitter.

Depending on who edited AIM-54C model, that issue may be a bit harder to diagnose. Try this, open up the AIM-54C data.ini, and overwrite it with this data:

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=AIM-54C
FullName=AIM-54C Phoenix
ModelName=AIM-54C
Mass=462.000000
Diameter=0.381000
Length=4.010000
SubsonicDragCoeff=0.120000
SupersonicDragCoeff=0.222000
AttachmentType=USN
SpecificStationCode=F14
NationName=USN
StartYear=1982
EndYear=2007
Availability=1
BaseQuantity=4
Exported=FALSE
ExportStartYear=0
ExportEndYear=0
ExportAvailability=0
WeaponDataType=1
RailLaunched=FALSE
RocketPod=FALSE
Retarded=FALSE
FinStabilized=TRUE
SpinStabilized=FALSE
HasGrowl=FALSE
EffectClassName=LargeMissileEffects
ReleaseDelay=0.000000
WarheadType=0
Explosives=60.000000
FusingDistance=3.000000
ClusterBomblets=0
ClusterDispersion=0.000000
GuidanceType=13
Accuracy=90
MaxTurnRate=18.700001
MaxLaunchG=3.000000
LockonChance=85
LaunchReliability=90
ArmingTime=2.000000
SeekerFOV=90.000000
SeekerGimbleLimit=90.000000
SeekerTrackRate=40.000000
SeekerRange=150000.000000
MinLaunchRange=3700.000000
MaxLaunchRange=150000.000000
Duration=300.000000
CounterCountermeasure=60.000000
NoiseRejection=60.000000
CapabilityFlags=0x104000ab
LoftAngle=10.000000
DescentAngle=10.000000
MaxLoftAltitude=20000.000000
CLmax=14.000000
MinFreq=0.000000
MaxFreq=0.000000
BoosterStart=1.500000
BoosterDuration=2.000000
BoosterAccel=5.250000
BoosterEffectName=LargeSAMTrailEffect
BoosterSoundName=Missile
BoosterNodeName=
BoosterPosition=0.000000,-1.835150,0.000000
SustainerDuration=28.000000
SustainerAccel=7.000000
SustainerEffectName=LargeSAMTrailEffect
SustainerSoundName=SAMinFlight
SustainerPosition=0.000000,-1.835150,0.000000
InFlightEffectName=LargeSAMTrailEffect
InFlightSoundName=SAMinFlight
ReleaseAnimationID=-1
EODisplayFlags=0
CEP=0.000000

First all F-14's out are based on the Mirage factory's F-14A, the rest you find anywhere are all mods of that planes. All those planes need to be brought up to Dec 2009 SF2 standards, so they will give you problems.

What kind of odd weapons choices are you seeing though?

Yeah. It looks like I'm basically back to being a noob after being gone for so long:). After a little reading on the forum I noticed that the Dec2009 update broke some of the add-ons.

The oddest weapon choice that stood out to me for the F-14A was some type of Mitsubishi weapon. I'm not at home now, so I don't remember the exact name. The reason I mentioned that I had installed the F-15 Superpack was that there is an F-15J included. I'm wondering if this weapon came from the weapons that were installed as part of that.

Thanks FUBAR. I'll try this tonight.

Edited by HockeyCoach

The oddest weapon choice that stood out to me for the F-14A was some type of Mitsubishi weapon. I'm not at home now, so I don't remember the exact name. The reason I mentioned that I had installed the F-15 Superpack was that there is an F-15J included. I'm wondering if this weapon came from the weapons that were installed as part of that.

Yes that weapon was in the superpack for the F-15J's.

HockeyCoach,

My two cents, check the data initial engine section and make sure the emitter and tga files called for are in the effects folder which you probably had to create. Like Fubar said, you can easily change it to a stock ab effect. Double check to make sure the effects folder is in the right location. Maybe I made a mistake on the F14D since I run a merged install, not sure.

Spiff

HockeyCoach,

My two cents, check the data initial engine section and make sure the emitter and tga files called for are in the effects folder which you probably had to create. Like Fubar said, you can easily change it to a stock ab effect. Double check to make sure the effects folder is in the right location. Maybe I made a mistake on the F14D since I run a merged install, not sure.

Spiff

I changed it to the stock F15AfterBurnerEmitter last night and that did the trick. I may experiment to tonight and set it to the EagleAfterburnerEmitter from the F15 Superpack to see how that looks.

Thanks.

I changed it to the stock F15AfterBurnerEmitter last night and that did the trick. I may experiment to tonight and set it to the EagleAfterburnerEmitter from the F15 Superpack to see how that looks.

Thanks.

Fubar thanks very much for your help with the F-14 and locking on the missiles. I had the same AIM-54C problem and was able to get to the point were the missiles are now loading and showing up in the weapons loading screen as they should but the AIM-54C are all black no colloring at all just jet black! Anybody?

Robert Tate

Fubar thanks very much for your help with the F-14 and locking on the missiles. I had the same AIM-54C problem and was able to get to the point were the missiles are now loading and showing up in the weapons loading screen as they should but the AIM-54C are all black no colloring at all just jet black! Anybody?

Robert Tate

They should appear exactly like the ones below, on the TMF F-14B

gallery_279_43_30782.jpg

Very Nice,

Is the F-14B available? A Comment on the F-14A, I get the correct look on the missiles when I use the F-14A with AIM-54A's but if I try C's I get Jet Black AIM-54C's. I think that the upgrade is calling the missiles correctly but the graphic file for the missile is not being called and I do not know where it is called from. Although I do see it in the Object Weapons Files! Thanks for giving me a peak at the B really looks sharp. I am a retired Navy Airwinger with a soft spot for the TOMCAT.

Bobby

They should appear exactly like the ones below, on the TMF F-14B

gallery_279_43_30782.jpg

That's more than likely a case of the proper textures (the ones that correspond to the '54C 3D model) not being available to it. They must be in the AIM-54C weapon folder.

The F-14B, along with the other new TMF Tomcat variants, aren't ready for release yet. Maybe in two weeks :cool:

Thanks again for your help. I changed the 54C texture file name back to 54A and the missiles now have thier paint scheme. They do not look as good as the F-14B you gave me a peak at but better than nothing. I will look forward to the release of the F-14B. Salute.gif

bobby

That's more than likely a case of the proper textures (the ones that correspond to the '54C 3D model) not being available to it. They must be in the AIM-54C weapon folder.

The F-14B, along with the other new TMF Tomcat variants, aren't ready for release yet. Maybe in two weeks cool.gif

Hallo to all!!!!

There are news on the date of release of the TMF new Tomcat series?

Toro.

two weeks :wink: