Sign in to follow this  
Fortiesboy

What is the UK becoming?

I s**t you not, a cop actually said to do that :yikes:

You can bet that had you followed that advice and found yourself in trouble he'd have denied, denied, denied he ever said it.

You can bet that had you followed that advice and found yourself in trouble he'd have denied, denied, denied he ever said it.

Probably. Oh I was quite surprised to hear that from a cop.

Do the research for yourself, make your own decisions. Don't let some chicken***t try to tell you how and what you should feel about firearms, protection or for that matter anything else. I lean as far left as I do to the right so I don't really fit into any one category. However, I believe in true freedom without intervention from the "man". That includes abortion (which isn't the business of any man) saving the whales, not clearcutting trees, not polluting the environment. I also believe we should be able to own whatever firearm we like and we should be allowed to hang horse thieves (or car thieves) just like the good ol days. The first couple dozen you hang send a message to the rest that their life isn't worth the price of the vehicle they stole. Imagine how low our car insurance would be if this was the case. :rofl:

...and we should be allowed to hang horse thieves (or car thieves) just like the good ol days. The first couple dozen you hang send a message to the rest that their life isn't worth the price of the vehicle they stole. Imagine how low our car insurance would be if this was the case. :rofl:

Funny, I was talking about something like that the other day with my supervisor. Reason why horse thieves were hanged was because horses were a vital part in maintaining the lively hood of one's self... or even a family. If the horse was stolen, that person's or family's livelie hood just became extremely difficult. I guess the same can be said about cars. However, nowadays, if your car got stolen, you just notify your insurance and they'll provide you with a rental until you can purchase a new vehicle, and if theft is covered under the insurance plan, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem of buying another vehicle of the same value... well, that's how it's supposed to work, but I can't say that I really know for sure. I've never had my car sto.... whoa, just about jinksed myself there. Anyways, I still think that the punishment for car theft should be very severe. It's way too light. Today, it's pretty much just a slap on the wrist.

Funny, I was talking about something like that the other day with my supervisor. Reason why horse thieves were hanged was because horses were a vital part in maintaining the lively hood of one's self... or even a family. If the horse was stolen, that person's or family's livelie hood just became extremely difficult. I guess the same can be said about cars. However, nowadays, if your car got stolen, you just notify your insurance and they'll provide you with a rental until you can purchase a new vehicle, and if theft is covered under the insurance plan, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem of buying another vehicle of the same value... well, that's how it's supposed to work, but I can't say that I really know for sure. I've never had my car sto.... whoa, just about jinksed myself there. Anyways, I still think that the punishment for car theft should be very severe. It's way too light. Today, it's pretty much just a slap on the wrist.

It goes beyond mere impedance of livelihood, it's a violation. That alone should bring about the same penalties.

To a typical person, they see what you described - an inconvenience. But the car person, who's spent countless hours hunting down his prize, purchased it, cares for it year round, keeping it spotless, caressing it, loving it, spinning wrenches on it, modifying it, pouring his very heart and soul into it. To steal it is no mere inconvenience, and it's not about livelihood either, it's tantamount to kidnapping. And it's just as irreplaceable. Yes, you can get "another" car, but you can't get THAT car back. Pick any classic car, or even just any prized car no longer in production, from a C2 Sting Ray to a 2002 Trans Am WS6.

Also, the insurance companies won't provide real value either, particularly in those cases, but even with current boring-ass econo-box, "white-goods", appliances they call cars.

so you think that breaking into once house to steal something should be punishable by death? i can tell you this. nothing you own can be compared to one humans life.

Problem is, thank to our laws having nothing to do with common sense, just defending yourself (shoot to the thief's foot, knocking hin senseless...) is more and more seen by our lawpeople like a crime. So if you decide to defend yourself, you must think seriously of leaving no proof or witnesses. Of course I don't like it (I'm not sure I'd be able to shoot even a non lethal shoot) but, should we let someone attack us or our families just to make our lawyers happy?:no:

Yes, the judges here have a tendency to view acts of violence totally out of context. So a shooting is a shooting whether it's an assassination or someone defending his house. Also we have a 'duty to retreat' which pretty much outlaws any form of self defence.

Then again there is pretty much zero police presence around here so I'm quite certain one could get away with capping an intruder and then disposing of his body.

My mistake. I wanted to edit in my prior message and clicked reply instead:oops:

Edited by shotdown

nowadays, if your car got stolen, you just notify your insurance and they'll provide you with a rental until you can purchase a new vehicle, and if theft is covered under the insurance plan, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem of buying another vehicle of the same value...

There are many people who can't afford full coverage insurance. How do they replace their vehicle? Additionally, my truck is low mileage for it's age ('01) but I guarantee you that if I was to be paid off by the insurance company I wouldn't get the true value of the vehicle out of it.

Law or not...If anyone breaks into my house...he's a dead man....period!

I dont care what the f*cking law says, in this soft as s**te country I live in... "Reasonable force?"...Yes Officer....it took a 'reasonable amount of force, to sever the c**** head with the sword!!...write that in ya Notebook!!!

There are many people who can't afford full coverage insurance. How do they replace their vehicle? Additionally, my truck is low mileage for it's age ('01) but I guarantee you that if I was to be paid off by the insurance company I wouldn't get the true value of the vehicle out of it.

Very true Ruggbutt.

"Reasonable force?"...Yes Officer....it took a 'reasonable amount of force, to sever the c**** head with the sword!!...write that in ya Notebook!!!

:rofl:

I know what you mean , i used to think our justice system was good but now !!!!!! . Mindyou what else should we expect , our own government MP's have stolen a shed load of money from us the tax payers and seem to be getting away with it . You or i had done the same we would at least lost our jobs if not charged . Then there is the Stafford hospital A&E department where i think it was 400 people needlessly died due to poor care from the hospital staff . The head of the hospital got paid off with a huge amount of money and the women incharge of the nurses got moved to another hospital and there is to be no public enquiry . Why are they not in jail for man slaughter ? im dam sure if i killed 400 people through gross incomputence i'd be in jail . It seems to me if your high up or a scandle could embarrasse the government lets cover it up , however if your just a average person you get the book thrown at you !!!!! . Viva la Revolution brother is what i say

Regards

Mungo