Using SF2 with the December patch, when I first installed it, I was getting the usual 15FPS on High graphics settings (I've an awesome comp here- 2.33Mhz, 8GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, but an ATI graphics card with a stopgap driver...), so I went and installed the HDR mod, even though i wasn't totally sure how the new patch worked with DirectX 10, or if I even have DX10.

Anyways, the frame rates jumped to 20-22 for the graphics, which was noticeable, but not stellar, so I lowered my graphics settings, cursed at my video card a bit and soldiered on.

Then, when lining up a screenshot, I accidentally hit Shift+F-12 instead of Ctrl+F12. The result was staggering: Frame rates jumped to over 50, even on high graphics settings! The display was a bit darker, but it's SO worth it!

Anyways, I have no idea what Shift+F12 toggles, and after updating to the Feb. 2010 patch with no HDR, my frame rates are down at 10 to 14 (like on my old comp...), I was hoping to isolate what gave my system graphics afterburners and use that again. Anybody know what the Shift+F12 toggles on the HDR mod?

It activates the HDR mod

serious? You mean all that time i didn't have it turned on at all?

Damn, I feel REALLY stupid right now, curse my lack of attention span for readme files... :oops:

(*ducks to avoid volley of flak from community*)

Some have it activated by default. In the enbseries ini check the following under their respective heads

UseEffect=1

and

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=1

the value of 0 de-activates this mod.Mine therefore appears as

UseEffect=0

and

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=0

In WOI I had an absolutely astounding performance increase on my old Nvidia 7300 Go. So much so I had the rude realization that my former prowess in the ether was owing to my having played the game at under 10FPS. Then my Toshiba died.

My new rig, a Dell Studio comes with a 512MB ATI Radeon 4570. Quite naturally I had my expectations. ATI delivered without a whimper- I only had to revert to stock ini configurations for some terrain mods. Also my graphics settings are not application controlled so go into the ATI Catalyst Control Center and play around.

In WOI I experience 30-58 FPS. In WOV, it more like 8-58, owing to the cursed AAA. Not only does your s**t get baked while scooting over Hanoi but it happens in slow motion!

YOU HIT SHIFT F-12? OMG......RUN, YOUR COMPUTER IS GOING TO SELF DESTRUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Odd. The HDR mod supposed to be on by default. Did you see a text message at upper left corner on the main menu screen before you hit Shift-F12?

Falcon

YOU HIT SHIFT F-12? OMG......RUN, YOUR COMPUTER IS GOING TO SELF DESTRUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Nope its more like three terminal beeps and it's a dead cat; whose cause of death may be subject to furious speculation.this.gif

I thought it only worked on the 1st gen series anyway and not on SF2?

@ USAFMTL, that's what I expected at first...

@ Falcon, yes, the text was coming up before I hit Shift+F12, that's why I thought it was something aside from the HDR mod.

@ Dogzero, I thought that too, but apparently not...

The other strange thing is, When I use the HDR mod, Gamecam doesn't work, but if I take the enbseries file and move it, Gamecam works fine. Strange?

Sorry for the double post, but after the Feb. 2010 patch, I can't even get the HDR to work at all. No Text, and I'm stuck at 14FPS on Normal graphics settings. I need to get an Nvidia card...

Sorry for the double post, but after the Feb. 2010 patch, I can't even get the HDR to work at all. No Text, and I'm stuck at 14FPS on Normal graphics settings. I need to get an Nvidia card...

It does work, I just checked it with my Feb 2010 patch. Did you re edit your options.ini?

AntiAliasing=1

UseAdvancedShaders=0

ForceDX9=TRUE

Once you do that it will work fine.

Ahh ok, By hitting Shift-F12 you accidently shut the mod off actually. As for it not working after the Feb patch, it made the options.ini back to the default settings. If you see the text message by the way, it means you have install it right.

Falcon

Edited by FalconCAF

Ahh ok, By hitting Shift-F12 you accidently shut the mod off actually. As for it not working after the Feb patch, it made the options.ini back to the default settings. If you see the text message by the way, it means you have install it right.

Falcon

Hold on, so that would mean that when i shut it off I was getting the frame rate jump, perhaps because of DX10? I dunno. I'm not happy with my somewhat rushed re-install, so I'm gonna do it again and do it right, with the above info I'm sure I'll get this sucker going again. Thanks, guys.

Hold on, so that would mean that when i shut it off I was getting the frame rate jump, perhaps because of DX10?

Yeah probably. My mod was before all of the intro of TK's advanced shaders anyway.

Falcon

Negative, DX10+advanced shaders gives me roughly half the FPS that DX9+HDR mod does. With my anti-aliasing worked out (sort of) and some minor graphics settings dialed back, I'm back up to between 30 and 50 frames. Excellent.

:good: Well good. Enjoy the HDR eyecandy as well, glad you're enjoying the FPS boost.

Falcon