Hey, I wonder if you could help me out with this.

I got the AIM-54A, B and C, installed them following the tutorials etc. but when i got to the loadout screen I cannot load those weapons.

I checked that I have followed the instructions correctly and everything is fine. I just can't load any version of the AIM-54 missile on the F-14A.

Also related to this issue, i found out that my KF1-AX suffers the same problem.

I cannot load the KF1-AAM 2 240km Missile, the KF1-AAM 1 45km Missile, KF1-AGM 1 27km Missile or even the strike weapons KF1-AGM 2 110km Cluster Missile/KF1-AGM 3 5000km Nuclear Missile.

Since it's too much for a coincidence, my conclusion is:

I am doing something wrong...

Could any of you guy that can get weapons to work could tell me what I missed?

More information:

I have checked the weapons' start and end dates, the ammount avaliable, if the nations the weapons are assigned to are correct, the aircrafts' loadout files etc.

Thanks in advance!

Try setting "Export" to TRUE, and put the same dates in. Usually that fixes that problem you are having.

• Like 1

Already did it, but with no results.

I'm starting to think that I am doing something completely wrong, because I can't instal the AIM-120 or the KH-35.

the AIM-120 is like the AIM-7, isn't it? so a station that works for sparrows can carry AIM-120 too?

Or do i have to modify the loadouts for each aircraft/modify the stations?

So far, all the weapons i tried to install do not figure on the loadout section.

This is becoming frustrating :dntknw:

The AIM-120 and AIM-54 are Active Homing Missiles (AHM) while the AIM-7 is a Semi Active Homing Missile (SAHM)so if a pylon is set for SAHM, it won't accept an AHM, nor vice-versa. Some stations are set for both AHM and SAHM, or IRM and AHM (such as the F-16's outter most wing pylon, which can accept AIM-9's and AIM-120's) other pylons, like on the F-14, are specific per missile type so that the Phoenix pylons will only show up if there are AIM-54's loaded. Also, which sim version are you running? SF-1 series or SF-2 series?

• Like 1

The AIM-120 and AIM-54 are Active Homing Missiles (AHM) while the AIM-7 is a Semi Active Homing Missile (SAHM)so if a pylon is set for SAHM, it won't accept an AHM, nor vice-versa. Some stations are set for both AHM and SAHM, or IRM and AHM (such as the F-16's outter most wing pylon, which can accept AIM-9's and AIM-120's) other pylons, like on the F-14, are specific per missile type so that the Phoenix pylons will only show up if there are AIM-54's loaded. Also, which sim version are you running? SF-1 series or SF-2 series?

The SF1

I just realized that the sparrow is different, but i already had stations set for both AHM and SAHM from the loadout that came with the F-14A download (from column5, just in case of someone knowing issues with this aircraft too)

The stations accept the sparrow, but the AIM-54 still refuses to figure on the loadout... in fact, never used a AHM in Wings over Europe

i can see in the files that there are sidewinder, sparrow and phoenix stations.

in the loadout, i have 5 drop down menus

2 for sparrows

1 for sidewinders

1 that can handle both

1 that doesnt have a selectable weapon (fuel tank? the files also mention stations for external fuel tanks)

Already did it, but with no results.

I'm starting to think that I am doing something completely wrong, because I can't instal the AIM-120 or the KH-35.

the AIM-120 is like the AIM-7, isn't it? so a station that works for sparrows can carry AIM-120 too?

Or do i have to modify the loadouts for each aircraft/modify the stations?

So far, all the weapons i tried to install do not figure on the loadout section.

This is becoming frustrating :dntknw:

So you did add the various weapons to the weapondata.ini and then saved it with the weaponeditor? Because it does sound like your problem has less to do with the aircraft, but rather with the weapons itself.

Edited by Gocad
  • Like 1

Guest rscsjsuso5

these are my data.ini and loadout.ini files for both aircrafts of the kf and f14 aircraft , you know where to find the aircrafts also the f14 is TMFs

these data and loadout file will work as plug and play with series 1 sim with the latest patch and with weapon pack 2.5 the biggest one with internia weapons

hope it helps and don't know much about the weapons you have listed

info.zip

• Like 1

@ Gocad

Yes, I did all of that.

@ rscsjsuso5

My loadout files are exactly the same for the F-14. I actually copypasted the content to make sure. it only loads sparrows and sidewinders

About the KF1-AX, i used your files and the plane only loads Sidewinders

ideas?

@ Gocad

Yes, I did all of that.

I still think it's a weapondata issue, since it does sound to me that you can only load the stock weapons, but not any of the 3rd party weapons you added. When was your weapondata.DAT file changed last? (It should be inside your Weapons folder)

Edited by Gocad
  • Like 1

I still think it's a weapondata issue, since it does sound to me that you can only load the stock weapons, but not any of the 3rd party weapons you added. When was your weapondata.DAT file changed last? (It should be inside your Weapons folder)

oh, does the WEAPONDATA need to be inside the Weapons folder? i left the file where the extractor placed it (inside "objects" folder)

tried to place the weapondata inside the weapons folder, and this time, i had no weapons avaliable to any aircraft

placed it on objects folder again and all is back to normal

im still confuse, but thanks for giving me ideas on how to solve this

While messing arround with the files, i made a AIM-7D that had the characteristics of a AIM-120C.

Even the model names were the same.

I found out that the only result was a buffed up AIM-7D on my F-4 Phantom....

The model was still a AIM-7D

Does this mean something?

(BTW, i could have edited instead of bumping, but I'm still trying to find the "Edit" button)

EDIT: Great, I found it.... Does the Edit function have a timer? I can't edit the previous posts

Edited by ElPatron

Out of a question, do your Phoenix pylons have a StationSpecific parameter? I recall on the Tu-128 I couldn't get any weapons to show up until I deleted the parameter. End result was that I was able to load the AA-4, and also weapons the plane never carried, but at least I could get missiles on the plane (to include the proper ones). The F-14 might have one for the AIM-54 for those pylons that for some reason is preventing them from showing up (which is strange if so, but it has happened to me!) My own Tomcat data.ini is pretty heavily modified so I can get asymmetric loadouts on the glove pylons and under the fuselage; to carry Iron Bombs, LGBs, JDAMs, decoy and LANTIRN pods as the plane did later in its life, so if that parameter was there, I deleted it years ago.

The only other thing I can think of, if its not that, is what AttachmentType your pylons have listed, as compared to the AIM-54. I should think the pylon is either USN or NATO; check the missile's attachment against your pylon's.

Guest rscsjsuso5

i'm going to clarify it seems their are problems but

for woi - you will need woi, patch latest and then the weapon pack 2.5

here is how i did it for my plug and play type of mod also i don't know a lot of usa missiles.

place the weapon pack like this it should be something like your game path .....\woi\objects\weapons and inside weapons should be all the little folders of various weapons don't touch it and you should also see the weapondata.ini and the weapondata.dat file very important you don't touch it these two files should be inside the path of .....\woi\objects\weapons whatever your sim path is installed in either c drive d drive whatever it is

(also in the weapon pack their is a file named weapondatainert.ini and weapondatainert.dat , these are for weapons that have inertia and nothing missing but an addition of weapons that have inertia and to use these weapons you will have to rename it to weapondata for both the .dat and .ini and place it in the whatever path of ...

\woi\objects\weapons)

in the weapon pack their should be a readme or a description/support from the author/submitter

for sfp1 a different story which you will need weapon editor to make the weapons recognize between pack and sim.

don't know about the rest of series 1 sims

i have tested it and it works to see if all weapon show up scroll through different years and the rest you know all should show

hope this helps elpatron

i'm going to clarify it seems their are problems but

for woi - you will need woi, patch latest and then the weapon pack 2.5

here is how i did it for my plug and play type of mod also i don't know a lot of usa missiles.

place the weapon pack like this it should be something like your game path .....\woi\objects\weapons and inside weapons should be all the little folders of various weapons don't touch it and you should also see the weapondata.ini and the weapondata.dat file very important you don't touch it these two files should be inside the path of .....\woi\objects\weapons whatever your sim path is installed in either c drive d drive whatever it is

(also in the weapon pack their is a file named weapondatainert.ini and weapondatainert.dat , these are for weapons that have inertia and nothing missing but an addition of weapons that have inertia and to use these weapons you will have to rename it to weapondata for both the .dat and .ini and place it in the whatever path of ...

\woi\objects\weapons)

in the weapon pack their should be a readme or a description/support from the author/submitter

for sfp1 a different story which you will need weapon editor to make the weapons recognize between pack and sim.

don't know about the rest of series 1 sims

i have tested it and it works to see if all weapon show up scroll through different years and the rest you know all should show

hope this helps elpatron

thanks, that really clarifies some stuff up...

the problem is i remember where are these AIM-54 from

they are not from a weapon pack, but 3 single ordnance files

also, the weapondata directory is causing some confusion for me...

when i extracted the WEAPONDATA.ini, it went to the Objects folder, not the Weapons folder. When i tried to take the file to the Weapons folder, i coulnt choose weapons in the game anymore

Out of a question, do your Phoenix pylons have a StationSpecific parameter? I recall on the Tu-128 I couldn't get any weapons to show up until I deleted the parameter. End result was that I was able to load the AA-4, and also weapons the plane never carried, but at least I could get missiles on the plane (to include the proper ones). The F-14 might have one for the AIM-54 for those pylons that for some reason is preventing them from showing up (which is strange if so, but it has happened to me!) My own Tomcat data.ini is pretty heavily modified so I can get asymmetric loadouts on the glove pylons and under the fuselage; to carry Iron Bombs, LGBs, JDAMs, decoy and LANTIRN pods as the plane did later in its life, so if that parameter was there, I deleted it years ago.

The only other thing I can think of, if its not that, is what AttachmentType your pylons have listed, as compared to the AIM-54. I should think the pylon is either USN or NATO; check the missile's attachment against your pylon's.

the AIM-54 has the types NATO,USAF,USN

the Phoenix stations are USN. I changed to match all of the above, just in case, but didnt work

thank you for the explanation, the stations do not have a SationSpecific parameter, but now i understand a little bit more of how the game works

ok, so i found out some stations called MissileStation1, 2, 1bis and 2bis

i backed them up and then deleted them

ran WOE

this is my result:

2 sparrow stations (smae group) are gone, leaving me with only 4 drop down menus (the sidewinder stations are pointed by the green pointers for orientation purposes)

rkpzpz.jpg

normally i would use 1 drop down with sidewinders (2 missiles), and 3 of them with sparrows (total of 6 missiles, two each)

this time, i have 5 sparrows, one group with 2 and the other with 3 (!!!) which has never happened to me...

OFFTOPIC:

i think i have caused a little communication issue... when asked for the generation of my game, i said SFP1, because im new in this forum and i have seen that the SFP1 and WOE are in the same generation

I do not own the SFP1, but the WOE of the same generation

TL;DR - I own Wings Over Europe, SFP1 generation

This is getting stranger each time i open up WOE:

25aus8l.jpg

The missing sparrow group is back online, and the game still recognizes the "former 2 station group" as a "3 station group

EDIT: the last group is still empty, i might check the files if i can make it unexclusive

EDIT2:

WOW, i can now carry more weapons than rambo but none of them is a AIM-54 Phoenix....

total loadout now: 11 Sparrows (2x 4 stations and one with 3 stations) plus 2 sidewinder

Last group still empty, i guess its the fuel tanks, im gonna change it a bit (yeah, forgot to add, i cant load fuel tanks to added aircraft too, im taking care of it now - or at least trying to-)

Edited by ElPatron

Guest rscsjsuso5

This is getting stranger each time i open up WOE:

25aus8l.jpg

The missing sparrow group is back online, and the game still recognizes the "former 2 station group" as a "3 station group

EDIT: the last group is still empty, i might check the files if i can make it unexclusive

EDIT2:

WOW, i can now carry more weapons than rambo but none of them is a AIM-54 Phoenix....

total loadout now: 11 Sparrows (2x 4 stations and one with 3 stations) plus 2 sidewinder

Last group still empty, i guess its the fuel tanks, im gonna change it a bit (yeah, forgot to add, i cant load fuel tanks to added aircraft too, im taking care of it now - or at least trying to-)

last group should look like this

Loadout[15].WeaponType=Tank330_F14

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[16].WeaponType=Tank330_F14

Loadout[16].Quantity=1

[FuelStation1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=15

StationGroupID=5

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-1.5,-1.80,-0.87

AttachmentAngles=0.0,2.0,0.0

LoadLimit=900.00

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,USN

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

FuelTankName=Tank330_F14

[FuelStation2]

StationID=16

StationGroupID=5

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=1.5,-1.80,-0.87

LoadLimit=900.00

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,USN

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

FuelTankName=Tank330_F14

and thus

[AirToAir]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[09].WeaponType=AIM-9H

Loadout[09].Quantity=1

Loadout[10].WeaponType=AIM-9H

Loadout[10].Quantity=1

Loadout[11].WeaponType=AIM-9H

Loadout[11].Quantity=1

Loadout[12].WeaponType=AIM-9H

Loadout[12].Quantity=1

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[16].Quantity=1

i see you have 3 sparrow in a particular section it should be 2 example

5 area with 2 each (1-2,3-4 etc...)

if u want aim-54

make sure name of weapon= aim-54c try it and test it.

Edited by rscsjsuso5

last group should look like this

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[16].Quantity=1

[FuelStation1]

StationID=15

StationGroupID=5

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-1.5,-1.80,-0.87

LoadLimit=900.00

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,USN

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

FuelTankName=Tank330_F14

[FuelStation2]

StationID=16

StationGroupID=5

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=1.5,-1.80,-0.87

LoadLimit=900.00

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,USN

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

FuelTankName=Tank330_F14

and thus

[AirToAir]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=AIM-7E-2

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[09].WeaponType=AIM-9H

Loadout[09].Quantity=1

Loadout[10].WeaponType=AIM-9H

Loadout[10].Quantity=1

Loadout[11].WeaponType=AIM-9H

Loadout[11].Quantity=1

Loadout[12].WeaponType=AIM-9H

Loadout[12].Quantity=1

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[16].Quantity=1

yes, thats what i have.

Which makes me believe that the problem is with the weapon files, and not the aircraft

(BTW, the stations for fuel tank have now the classes FT,BOMB (by messing up with the files, i made what i call a "bombcat" :lol:)

Ok, eliminating the aircraft files from the equation, all thats left is the weapons

ill try to check the directories again, since the files are all spread in thw Weapons folder

Do you think that putting each weapon in a separate folder inside the Weapons folder like rscsjsuso5 said will work?

I'll try tomorrow, if it works i will be able to load all weapons and fuel tanks (the F/A-18 and F-16 also have fuel tank i cant add, same condition as the AIM-54, the AIR-2 Genie that came with the Voodoo and those crazy weapons that came with the KF1-AX)

when i am done, i think i will be able to start modelling with 3DS Max and make my own aircrafts and weapons (weapons aren't that hard, actually) :grin:

OK, relocated everything that i could relocate, and no results...

I am starting to think my install is cursed :rofl:

I finally found the problem with the AIM 54's not showing up in game, in the weapon editor at the bottom of the Attachment Type it says Station Code F14, i made the entry blank and now my Tomcat has its long range punch back! :D

I finally found the problem with the AIM 54's not showing up in game, in the weapon editor at the bottom of the Attachment Type it says Station Code F14, i made the entry blank and now my Tomcat has its long range punch back! :D

Didn't Caesar suggest exactly that?

Didn't Caesar suggest exactly that?

Did he? I couldnt make that up from his explanation. If he did and i'm not quite awake yet, SORRY CAESAR!!!!