Sign in to follow this  
ziker

Feb 2010 patch bug?

Hitting the y key for visual targeting of friendly aircraft doesn't seem to work for me after patching to feb 2010.

I checked the key assignments in the came control settings and everything looks fine.

Shift+y to target previous friendly aircraft sometimes works.

Any one else getting this or is this problem particular to my machine?

Thanks,

Doesnt work for me either.

-S

At least you don't target friendlies when you cycle through enemies now... It took TK only a year or two to fix that, so the sooner you report the bug the better.

Edited by Gr.Viper

I have gone back to Wings Over Vietnam and my Air and Ground expansion. Its much more complete and working in all respects for my personal tastes and wants.

:salute:

Pressing y key doesnt' work for me either when I was trying to locate my wingman or friendly aircraft.

Chaoic out...

OK, I see the problem isn't only on my end.

Just did a bug report on the ThirdWire Forum.

Thanks

Just to cover everything, you're sure you're in visual range right?

Yes I was in visual range, I even tried to locate my wingman that was flying right next to me by pressing y while I would use external view toward locked target to locate my wingman. That is when I realized button y wasn't working, I even pressed t to make sure it wasn't enemy either and my wingman wasn't even enemy. But the first time I couldn't lock on my wingman by pressing y, I was s**tting myself for a second thinking "Did SF2 really added a feature where enemy actually added an enemy spy that would fly as my wingman?!". Nah I am just messing with you about enemy spy features, but I would be really damned if TK ever added it as an Easter egg in SF2.

:lol:

Chaoic out...

have we tried maybe "easy" visual targeting in game options? I have always had issues with those Y,T,E,R visual targeting keys, never really made a complete picture of when they exactly work. I went a while ago from SF1 straight to SF2 Febr. and i thought ALL of them visual targeting keys are almost not working :P

Edited by squid

it is confirmed. behaves like broken. only Shift-R seems to work sometimes and with only one target. wont move to other target. no friendly ground targets either.