Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Wings of Prey half price on Steam

I use an Antec 850W in my system, not sure if that hurts or helps. ATI 4870 1GB card..

I have a Corsair 650w PSU, multi-rail jobby. No overheating going on that I can feel. My card is a 1gb model (so you'd think there's plenty of V-RAM). I'm not sure it would be a good idea any more to install an older driver, now that WoP has installed DX11 (without a by or leave).

Maybe it's nothing wrong with your card siggi. After all more people are reporting the same error in textures during MP.

Having got sick of trying to go online with this POS today I gave up and selected Single Player.

Chose a single mission, P51 over the Bulge to knock out a bunch of 109s.

After getting sick of the mission terminating after THREE OR FOUR MINUTES ("You ran out of time") I chose a tutorial mission, time unlimited.

Me110 vs seven B17s. Wait for it...the B17s dog-fought with me, getting onto my tail, performing full 360-degree rolls, 90-degree banked hard turns, the lot. This was on "Realistic" mode (I still have no option to select Simulator Mode).

Oh, and after three days of waiting I have still not heard back from Steam Support, other than automated emails to tell me they'll get back to me soon.

DRM...? I not only have to be connected to Steam to play OFFLINE, I also have to be connected to Yuplay to play OFFLINE.

This is beyond outrageous. Steam selling a POS that is not fit for purpose, is broken, doesn't work and also requires TWO internet connections just to play OFFLINE.

This is one of those times it's a good thing I can't lay my hands on some of the money-whoring scum responsible for this joke, because I'd be in handcuffs and charged with a serious assault. When THEY are the real criminals. :mad:

Yep the bombers aren't good, also no cockpits for them. Sim mod is there you just slide the difficulty setting to the next setting no idea why you can't see it. There is also a "custom" setting that comes up when setting things up.

Single Player

Single Mission

Choose a mission like "tangling with the Aces"

Then there's a "difficulty setting" in there you can slide along from arcade, Realistic, Sim mode, Custom (here you can choose all sorts which stick for next time).

The single missions end after the enemy or target whatever is finished off. Campaign I think you choose to carry on. There's already a request to allow people to carry on to land etc.

Hurri or Spit v Me109 over Kent in sim mode is good though, superb visuals, effects and dogfights.

Yep the bombers aren't good, also no cockpits for them. Sim mod is there you just slide the setting to the next setting no idea why you can't see it. There is also a "custom" setting that comes up when setting things up. If I dig out screenshots I'll post.

Hurri or Spit v Me109 over Kent in sim mode is good though, superb visuals, effects and dogfights.

I can't see most of the text, never mind the sliders, most of the little windows the text appears in are too narrow to display all of it. I double-click on them and can see the text changes, just enough to get the meaning. When I double-click on the realism settings I can see only two choices, "CAD" (arcade I presume) and "ISTI" (realistic I presume). It goes back and forward between those two.

So, what do I have here...a game that'll work only offline, so long as I fight only against Fighters, and only in Tutorial mode at that IF I want longer than three or four minutes in action. Yeah, that was worth fifteen quid.

I will never, ever again, purchase a game that has ANYTHING to do with Steam. They are a bunch of money-whoring scum without a shred of integrity.

Yeah corrupt words sounds like you have a problem with memory, video or something Siggi. No corruption on my screen of those words or options.

Yep they are working on many aspects and bringing updates out often with new features, so I think a lot of the arcade bits will be improved on anyway. But as always it's down the the paying person to make their own mind up and you have so nothing much more to discuss. I like it and the promise it has - steam is a whole other subject.