Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

Sound Tweak II.

Olham, I think the most important file is the xml.

But you can as well backup the entire sounds folder where you'll have to copy into the wave files. It's not a big folder; it's less than 200mb I think.

Creaghorn, I'd like to try your sounds,

but first I'd like to know, what exactly are the files I would have to back up?

When I throw the WAV files into the "sounds" folder, I DO get a notice, that it

will overwrite the file. And on C: programs is no other CFSWW1 folder;

my game folder is on E:games - do you mean that one?

the wav.files of the engines shouldn't overwrite anything because they are new and have an own name wich is not in the soundsfolder (camel1, camel2 etc.) the airexplosion wav.files have the same name as the custom ones, and those you should back up ( 8 or so wav.files beginning with "a").

to be sure you might also drop in file for file to see on wich ones are asked to get overwritten.

there is no "other" folder, olham. the sound folder is a subfolder of THE main one. so you drop the soundfolder simply into the main one. it will ask you to overwrite the old one.

Okay, thank you both - I'll follow von Paulus' suggestion and back up the whole "sounds" folder.

Creag....still got the reverb thing with a mob of Re'8's.......the rest, perfect so far. Gotta take time to fly the front and check out your changes there.....Thanks!!!

Tried them, and they sound fine so far.

It seems, that the sound of my own engine didn't change - is that right?

It seems, that the sound of my own engine didn't change - is that right?

Yes.

@creaghorn

I've to get use to them, they are a bit loud. I'll try with different settings in WS. But many thanks for your efforts creag. I really appreciate what you're trying to do. :good:

I was testing various planes and their sounds in quick combat this morning. I was flying the Nupe 17 (the French model with Vickers) and after doing some loops and other maneuvers in order to get some distance between me and my wingmen, I noticed the engine sounds of the wingmen suddenly disappeared. I flew around them and turned off my own engine to hear better, but they continued to fly silently. I've never encountered this kind of thing with the default sounds. Anybody else seen this or was it only some random glitch?

Otherwise everything seems to work well and sounds really good. :good:

Didn't have that, but I noticed, that after each screenshot pause, the sounds seemed to change.

A N24 was circling close to me, and after each pause, it used a different rotary sound.

I was testing various planes and their sounds in quick combat this morning. I was flying the Nupe 17 (the French model with Vickers) and after doing some loops and other maneuvers in order to get some distance between me and my wingmen, I noticed the engine sounds of the wingmen suddenly disappeared. I flew around them and turned off my own engine to hear better, but they continued to fly silently. I've never encountered this kind of thing with the default sounds. Anybody else seen this or was it only some random glitch?

Otherwise everything seems to work well and sounds really good. good.gif

the ordinary nieuport 17 (without additional name) is silent in quick flight because it's not listed in the soundfile. that what i found out too. but that's no problem since the ordinary nieuport 17 won't appear in a campaign at all. i think that's a leftover before HITR appeared. every nieuport is a nieuport bis, nieuport lewis etc. and in campaigns only them are going to appear. there are no ac anymore only named nieuport 17. so that's why they are no part of the sound list anymore.

Didn't have that, but I noticed, that after each screenshot pause, the sounds seemed to change.

A N24 was circling close to me, and after each pause, it used a different rotary sound.

didn't experience that, but that's possible since the wav files are randomly generated, similar like the wav file of the flakburst only with the difference that flakbursts are not looping and engines do loop. so it's possible that as long as you hear the AI crafts engine you'll hear one wav.file, and when "tacing" to somewhere else outside the range of the AI engine, and go back another wav file of the apropriate AC is generated.

Wow! Creaghorn, today I have shot down a Nieuport N 24, and stuck close to it,

when it went down. Great sound of an engine dying the hot way! Thank you!

Otherwise everything seems to work well and sounds really good. :good:

the ordinary nieuport 17 (without additional name) is silent in quick flight because it's not listed in the soundfile. that what i found out too. but that's no problem since the ordinary nieuport 17 won't appear in a campaign at all. i think that's a leftover before HITR appeared. every nieuport is a nieuport bis, nieuport lewis etc. and in campaigns only them are going to appear. there are no ac anymore only named nieuport 17. so that's why they are no part of the sound list anymore.

Creaghorn,

Thought I would chime in. It's been a busy couple of months but I wanted to say that I love your sound mod! The improvement in the immersion of the game is, as you say, 100%. I did notice the silent Nieuports while playing HITR, however. I'm flying for 60 squadron RFC in August 1916 and sure enough, I often have silent wingmen. I know there's not much you can do to change it based on your files, but I did want to report that Hasse Wind wasn't the only pilot to witness it.

That very minor glitch aside, I love the mod and I've been happily flying whenever I get the free time to do so. Cheers!

Thanks a lot, Creaghorn! Do I just overwrite your previous sounds with the new ones? No need to remove them first?

Edited by Olham

Erm...I'm having a blonde moment I guess, but where are these files at? dntknw.gif

Yeah, blonde moment. In the OFF DL section. lol.gif

Obviously, I am missing the obvious. I am extremely excited to try this mod, but when I go to the OFF Downloads section I only see the downloads for official OFF BHaH & HitR files. Where might these files be nestled away at?

Hellshade

Hellshade, please go to "downloads" right here, top of this forum page (under the "golden Fokker").

Edited by Olham

Hellshade, please go to "downloads" right here, top of this forum page (under the "golden Fokker").

Just found it. Thanks though. Can't wait to try them out. It's like a pseudo P4 Preview...kinda. :P

Hellshade

Outstanding work Creaghorn!!! It's almost like a whole new war up there. The improved engine sound effects add a lot to the immersion of gameplay. I especially love the engine revs as some of the planes go down. Well done. I hope the Devs take a little listen and are willing to incorporate something like this into P4. Bravo my friend.

Hellshade

Outstanding work Creaghorn!!! It's almost like a whole new war up there. The improved engine sound effects add a lot to the immersion of gameplay. I especially love the engine revs as some of the planes go down. Well done. I hope the Devs take a little listen and are willing to incorporate something like this into P4. Bravo my friend.

Hellshade

thank you sir,

please also try the homebrew. maybe there is something useful for you also good.gif

please look into the download section,

only for users of soundtweak II!!!

small fix of nieuport silence (at least in campaign it works now. in QC i haven't tried) and other minor tweaks.

drop all four off_merc_rpm files into C:\Programme\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\aircraft\Alb_DIII_early_Sqd\sound.

that's an original mercedes albatros engine you'll hear when in the cockpit.

all other soundfiles drop into C:\Programme\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\sounds (improved original sopwith engines)

the sounds xml-file drop into C:\Programme\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields.

when dropping into the apropriate folders, and it asks you to overwrite, just go ahead.

please backup first any file you overwrite. just in case.

original content belong to OBD software.