Sign in to follow this  
Redvilst

OFF Vista compatible, but CF3 not?

Wotcha pilots,

I'm just begining to gather the requirements for OFF. My copy of CF3 has just arrived and it says on the box that it is NOT Vista compatible. And yes, I run Vista.

Can anyone plase tell me, do I need to look for a patch, a compatible version, or does installing OFF convert it to compatible somehow?

Load the game. Once it is loaded find the CFS3.exe file. Right click on it. Find the compatibility tab click on that. Make the game run on MS XP Service pack 2. Apply and run the game. I haven't found a game yet I can't run on my Vista 64 ultimate!drinks.gif

He's right. You don't need CFS3 to fly OFF. In fact, once you get CFS3 then OFF installed and working, you can trash the entire CFS3 game. Unless of course you fly WW2 Using CFS3.

And when you install OFF you've to do the same for offmanager.exe as you did for cfs3.exe. You must Run as Administrator and compatibility mode set to XP.

And when you install OFF you've to do the same for offmanager.exe as you did for cfs3.exe. You must Run as Administrator and compatibility mode set to XP.

Supplies! Supplies! I did not realize I had to use the XP compatability mode. But it is running under Vista.