Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider883

Indian Air Force Signs €560 Million Contract For 12 AW101 Helicopters

I wouldn't normally call 12 helos a "significant order" like AW did, but then again I wouldn't believe it would cost €560m, either. That's more like what I would expect a dozen fighters to cost.

I wouldn't normally call 12 helos a "significant order" like AW did, but then again I wouldn't believe it would cost €560m, either. That's more like what I would expect a dozen fighters to cost.

The contract, valued at around € 560 million, includes an extensive five year logistic support service and initial aircrew and technician training.

Good luck getting a dozen (modern) fighters and the support package at that price. Even the Russian aircraft aren't that cheap anymore.

Support packages are always overpriced because, like HP and its printer cartridges, that's where they make their profit.

Jedi,

These helos will be for the IAF's VIP flight/Communications squadron. They currently operate the Mi-8 & Mi-17.

Z2388.jpg

Z2836.jpg

Notice the AW-101 in the picture has the same livery.

The AW-101 is also in contention for Navy's requirement of 16 ASW & SAR helos.

These helos will be for the IAF's VIP flight/Communications squadron.

Captain Obvious incoming: "I guess that the overprice is because of the I-Pads and other electronic goodies"

You mean they're the equivalent to the helo competition we recently canned for replacement Marine One helos? The comm fits on those always cost multiple arms and legs.

nice looking helos but E560m for 12 of them? dang... heat.gif

yes yes same here nesher.