im still working on a Euro 1 skin for the Gen 2 Phantoms using a global decal folder instead of putting the squadrons markings right on the skin. tailcodes are coming along nicely but when i try to add wing/ squadron badges ala the EF-4C i either get no shows or the squadron shows but the fuselage goes white.

[Decal022]

MeshName=fuselage_P

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=F4BLACK/D/wing

Position=4.00,-0.0

Rotation=0.0

Scale=0.70

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal023]

MeshName=fuselage_P

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=F4BLACK/D/sqn

Position=4.00,-0.0

Rotation=0.0

Scale=0.70

DecalMaxLOD=3

this has the decals no showing if i change the decal level to 1 or 2 the fuselage goes white. the decals are in a folder as named in the ini and named for the unit (sqn042.tga, sqn043.tga etc). the skin im using is the stock USAF Green skin from WOE but with chaff, flare and few other pieces cut and pasted from SF2E's skin so they dont show white in game. most of sqn and wing tgas in my decal folder for this start life as png's from Wiki before being sized and converted in GIMP. what am i missing here

the wing side, decal level 1

the squadron side, decal level 1

shots with decal level set to 0. new tgas shouldn't be the issue as i made the tailcodes for moody/ 347th tfw. what am i missing?

I know you're only allowed a certain number of decals per mesh. I think it's only 4. If you have more than 4 it could cause the mesh to go white or even blank. Also if you want decals to appear in sequence like numbers or at random the decal levels should be set to "2". "0" is for a particular decal that always appears like National markings. Hope this helps. If not sorry I couldnt help.

If you have decals that should appear an all the aircraft like "Caution Jet Intake" ,stuff like that, they should be pasted right onto the skin template to save room for more decals since decaling is limited.

Edited by quack74

Number is limited to 2 per meh & side.

f.e.

2x decals for fuselage right & 2x for fuselage left.

But the pics look like there´s something wrong withe the decal.tga file itself.

is it a 32bit tga file?

is there enough space between the symbol and the sides of the file?

Has it got no background?

Edited by Soulfreak

sure enough gents there are already 2 decals on the fuselage_p mesh. i can take the LV insignia and apply it right to the skin freeing up another spot for my badges. as for the numbering sequence the patches are set up for the in game sequence of units (042= 334TFS, 4TFW) thanks for the help guys

if the squadron id patches are numbered (ala 001 for 1st squadron, 024 for 2nd squadron, 048 for 3rd squadron, they'd have to be DecalLevel=2

or, you can just create 3 skin folders, one for each squadron, THEN you can use DecalLevel-0 for the squad patch.

I had to do something similiar on a P-38 skin I did earlier this year, as each had particular geometric tail markings.

That's acutally the simpliest (read: lazymans :grin: -insert picture of me -->HERE<--) way to go, IMHO.

wrench

kevin stein

well i already have the tgas placed in my folder. my fix to be done on staff duty this sunday is to place the insignia on the skin rather than have it as a decal. that should free up the room for my sqn and wing badges. updates on progress on monday