Glad to hear that things are moving along.. other than that its a rather depressing thread

Agreed, GD. I think it's common knowledge now that people awaiting the patch are frustrated, and that the beta-testers are also frustrated with the nefarious bugs that have put the beta number well into the double-digits.

I feel for both sides.

IMO some of the replies to the updates on the UBI forum do not deserve the recognition they're getting.

some of the posts make me wish i could get some of the drugs the posters are using ;)

You have got to be impressed with the level of dedication and the amount of work that they are putting into this patch. Given the effort you'd have to assume that this might be the last one. It would be completely understandable at this point if they just stabalized the bigger issues and let it go.

It's unfortunate that they have to put up with the amount of nonsense that they do on the forums. If I was Carl I would have stopped posting weeks ago.

Bear

Here is the latest:

posted Fri June 04 2004 11:35 AM

Almost there.

We have tested Beta 21 and are generally very pleased. A major problem with memory and crashes in multiplayer has been eliminated. No additional serious problems have been found so far. It would have been a mistake to release the patch without addressing this problem.

We want to continue test over the weekend since the earliest that Ubi Soft can begin the process of submitting a Release Candidate for distribution is Tuesday. That gives us a few days more to make sure.

Ubi Soft has conducted their review of the V1.02 patch and there are only a few very minor problems that Ubi Soft has asked us to address. Therefore, we will attempt to fix them. They are very minor:

1. In the new Mission Scoring window the scores are not reset properly if the user flys the same mission again without reloading that mission. Very minor but since it is a new feature we want it to work properly.

2. Pilot names are incorrect in a few training missions. A simple fix using the Mission Editor will solve this problem. Again, a very minor problem.

I don't believe that either of these problems are going to require extensive code changes.

We will continue to test Beta 21 over the weekend and then we expect Beta 22 with the two issues above addressed. If Beat 22 passes muster on Monday then we will submit it as our Release Candidate.

Again, a word of caution: If we find a serious problem over the weekend with 21 or if Beta 22 has problems on Monday then we will have to have another version and another round of testing.

After we submit the Release Candidate to Ubi Soft they will then place it on their servers for distribution and distribute it to the various mirror sites. Eagle has no control over this process so I can't say how long it will take. I hope that they are able to turn things around right away but it will depend upon their schedule and their workload.

I have lots of confidence that we are there, but as the past has demonstrated, anything can happen. I still remain very optimistic.

Have a good weekend.

Cheers,

Carl

My fingers are still crossed.

Everytime I see the increasing Beta numbers, it doesn't really bother me. I'm used to it, being a pretty avid X-Plane user. Its very common to see upwards of 20 betas come out for each X-Plane patch, not too mention normally two or three scraps of the release candidate.

Not too many people ever complain to hard about the bugs in X-Plane. They're always there, and there are always new ones. Over time though, things get fixed.

Then again, each version of X-Plane will see maybe twenty full patchs, whereas we're on what, number two for LO-MAC? At least we haven't waited as lang as for HL2.

thanks for the upate Growler... sounds good

thanks for the info.. hope it will come out soon :)

SDirickson,

Haven't ya read the news...HL2 has been canceled.

hehe

<C>

Fates

SDirickson,

hehe

<C>

Fates

:blink:

Oh, wait a minute, Fates. You meant HL2, as in... the HyperLobby2 project right? ;)

Say it ain't so! I swear, mate, there'd be a riot of epic proportions... or at least some raging forum action for a couple months.

Kidding aside,

Most of the HL2 modders are switching their projects to support Far Cry. The Crytek engine has simply been incredible. I doubt Hl2 has been canceled, it might as well be IMHO. I think people are just sick and tired of waiting, and from what I hear, the "PLOT" of HL2 isn't all that thick anyway.

By the time HL2 Engine comes around, there will be far more better gaming engines around the corner. It's sorta like waiting to see what everyone else does before you release your idea...only to have your idea be shadowed by a better one.

<C>

Fates

Well yeah, but no matter what happens Fates, I'll buy HL2 because of HL1, and so will millions of others--mission accomplished Valve Software. (come on, you'll buy it to) ;)

But besides that consideration, I downloaded that huge 650meg HL2 E3 2004 'movie' at fileplanet, and that sold me on HL2. Awesome, not totally original, but has elements of originality, such as striders etc., and the atmospherics were beautious. Rag-doll and debris physics are best I've seen, (and yes, I have played around in Cry Engine).

Anyway, roll on Lock On 1.02 Beta ... ? ... what # is it? ...

Whatever! Beta xx :D