FC2 is out, go to lockon.ru forums for more info and download.

Well tell us about it....please.

It uses the same map as Blackshark, on my system it runs better then FC 1.12 did. It looks 100x better, they fixed maddoging ET's, added bird strikes for the low flyers and some missiles can track targets lower the 10 meters. Overall I'm very happy with it...time will tell what is messed up with it.

hmmm strange, but i was hit with negative points right away ...

1. not clear installation information on

a. if its standalone or what Lockon editions you need to install first

b. if it has to be installed on same folder as Lockon or separate

2. after figuring out installation, i had all sorts of crashes (which is VERY rare for me, i rarely have issues with things i install) and it is on a Lockon virgin win7 64 machine

3. Graphics wise it looks like its not understanding (actually ignoring) my HD5850 settings, tons of shimmering everywhere i look, and funky artifacts like moving moire patterns around, flashing canopies still here from old Lockon, full shadows ugly not making sense in their brutal chainsaw form, very low res ground textures mixed with high res textures as if ground level of detail process being messed up, lots of tearing up and stutters, beautiful haze of previous versions absent, not in options either, overall feel of environment slightly less realistic than before so far, not sure why ... more saturated overall green hue? not sure yet. Big variation in the quality of models, from very low polycount old ones to very high extremely detailes ones, little bothersome inconsistency nowdays

4. missing 3D model from encyclopedia .... (prefer it, for quick checking of modifications too)

5. 3d models missing also from loadouts .... same as above ... replaced with SF style loadout interface

6. training missions, none, just empty screen, only mediocre res youtube videos, for the moment at least. Not good.

This is the first time since the very first demo of Lockon ever launched that i felt not happy by the experience from an ED product. I hope i was just only tired and in a bad mood LOL

I've got it installed, but I still have to configure my G940 for it so I've not clicked "fly" once yet!

I downloaded and installed it within 45 minutes. It took me a little time to set up my CH stuff, but after it got sorted out....WOW. My FPS are about 15-30% better then in FC 1.12. I don't have to have a ton of mods installed for it to look good. The only mods I have installed are the 3GO Su-27 and the New F-15C mod. Can't wait to someone makes a knee map mod again. I have flew it every day since it came out and everytime I fly it I love it even more.

I'm just struggling to get my G940 HOTAS mapped for it properly. Ironically, it would've been very easy with my old Cougar because of the difference in how things are mapped.

I went home at lunch and statred the download, hopefully its ready to go when I get home :)

i feel sort of let down with it actually ... maybe mostly its my Radeon 5850 responsible ? but didnt had such issues with other games in this rig, only LO & FC. jeez crazy amounts of strange funky huge shadows dancing all over the screen, weird vertical dark bandings waving around, an ocean of the most annoying shimmering i ever saw (i hate shimmering), continuous tear-ups and full screen wavings as if i have vsync off (which is forced on) missing cockpits, very bad ground "level of detail" with very low res textures covering terrain within a height of few meters away from it when other areas in between have very high res textures (and shimmer like hell) ...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=864819#post864819

ops i did rant about all that few lines above, forgot it already, errr sorry lol :P

is A-10 gunfire behaving in reality as in FC2? no impact effects (i thought there is lot of dust and debris where the rounds hit) and the rounds just bounce off (??) as if they are made of steel and the ground is made of steel too ... The effect of emptying a whole drum accurately on a T-72 from close distance was to have to blow it with a second maverick pass ...

Edited by squid

I'm just struggling to get my G940 HOTAS mapped for it properly. Ironically, it would've been very easy with my old Cougar because of the difference in how things are mapped.

Make sure you remove the stock in game mappings (the column that represents your joystick) when using joystick software. That should make things a bit easier.

Edited by Ruggbutt

I installed a clean unpatched LOMAC (original stand-alone Ubisoft version), installed FC2 and have had no problems. I have an HD 4890 1GB and it seems to like this sim (haven't really had any problems with any sim). I would bet on the relatively new 5850 and its drivers being the culprit.

from what i gather , indeed it seems to be to a certain degree definitely an ATi drivers / hardware thing ... Some of the issues i am not sure yet if they are 5850/10.x cats related. Like to revisit maybe the link above? Posted more screens and descriptions, is your copy looking / behaving like that?

anyways, lockon has tired me over the years for more than one reasons ... so, back to SF LOL especially SF2 which worked out of the box cream smoothly and only wishing for a nice new GUI (WoE level) and some avionics 90.dll upgrade lol

SF has always been more satisfying for me. More about close in fighting than modern era AMRAAM style jousts. SF2 is even better. But if you are an F-15 or A-10 fan, LOMAC gives you the ability to learn a lot more about how to operate one than the SF series ever will. Of course, eventually DCS will do an even better job and FC2 will be the lite survey sim companion for DCS. While Falcon 4 may arguably remain the best hard core sim ever released, DCS may give it a good run on the cockpit portion of the simulation and certainly has much better graphics. I want a hard core F-4 Phantom / MiG-21 sim with multiplayer support, including the option to have a player controlled back seater that can operate the radar. If anybody ever does that correctly, that is where all of my free time will go. Until that time, SF is the only sim series that even comes close to giving me what I want without going back to Janes Fighters Anthology.w

Guys, I have to say, I must be the only person who didnt have a problem with FC2. Once I got it installed, unlocked, configured, and controls mapped, (the usual stuff), my inital gameplay reaction was "wow." I have a hard time even relating this game to the original lock on. Unlike in lock on where your jet starts on the runway, you start on the ramp, canopy up and engines off. You can actually call tower for clearance to start engines, which I thought really added to the immersion. (Take this from someone who is a US Air Force crew chief ;p) Then of course, you can get cleared to taxi, taxi, clear to take off, take off, etc. Gameplay wise, my graphics were silky smooth and absolutely gorgeous on full settings. Of course, I am running a i7 920 @ 3.515 GHZ, 6 gigs of RAM, GTX285 @ 5% overclock, and a Velociraptor, so I am not weak in the hardware department. I really can't say enough for the graphics improvements in the game. I found myself leaving the aircraft on autopilot, and switching thru fews because it was such great eye candy. More than once I caught myself going, "wow, that is really gorgeous." One thing I like is that you notice the event scripting in the game right away. For instance, on the first mission, my wingie would say certain things when we'd hit a waypoint, etc. Pretty cool stuff. The other thing that got my attention right away from sense of speed and acceleration. In the original lock on, when I would take off in the F-15C, I basically relied on my knowledge of when to pull back on the stick to take off, because I really wasn't getting a sense of the speed. However, in FC2, you have a much better sense of the speed, and the aircraft actually feels as if it leaps off the runway like its real counterpart. The sense of speed also carries forward to the air.

MOre to come once I have more time to play with it! I've only gotten to do the first two F-15C campaign missions -- haven't even seen any combat yet :)

Edited by ssgtshady

My whole squadron had no issues installing. You've got to remember something, when you buy new hardware and use new software you can expect to have issues. Especially when the game looks fine on your older card. And let's face it, ATI has been slow with driver releases and they often release with drivers that are broken in some games.

i was told before, back in the days of 6800/7800 that LockOn favors nvidia ...

FC2 is built on the updated DCS version, though, so I'm not sure how much that applies.

yes from what i see though, graphics engine wise, the DCS engine looks more like an upgrade of the old engine. It has various typical FC1 quirks and characteristics and weaknesses

Edited by squid

FC2 runs fine on my 8800GT, 2.4 dual core, 4 gig system. As Rugg said our squad had no problems getting things running, although I did have to call Rugg about a hotas issue. I was thinking about upgrading my system this summer, but if FC2 runs this good, then I have no reason too. Might as well save my money and go on a family trip, gotta make the family happy.

Hi, I rodered mine via their e-shop. uestion is how do you burn the files to dvd with dvd writer on pc? Theres 3 files and I use poweriso to burn to disc. i know how to do a single iso but theres 3 files. Do we need to make 2 discs or 1 dvd disc. I dont want the files to be lost on my hardrive.

Don't burn them as an ISO. They're a self installer. If you don't have a burning program just use the one that comes stock with Windows.

i think i'll swap my 5850 for a 275 lol

Edited by squid

Hi;

Conversations with the tower and wingmen were always part of 1.12 and 1.0 from what I remember. Waiting for CD or DVD version of 2.0 so I am relying on comments to give me a sense of what FC 2.0 can do. From what I have gathered so far is it has it's usual quirks, for, I will say new product , although it is somewhat of a patch.(big). What I have noted is most everyone agrees that the graphics are great, some of the important wish list items have been fixed, however some things have been broken for now. That was expected till the first patch to clean up those and I assume a small patch will be out to fix those. If not FC2.0 could be bothersome. From the posts I have read so far, I think Fc2.0 is a hit and I am sure I will enjoy it as much as all previous versions. There is always tweaking to do regardless of what sim you fly. This is no different. As mentioned above once everything is setup and tweaked, the sim. is worth the price of admittion. Looking forward to May or June. The only thing I have not found is, will it be available in North America as a CD version......so far it looks as though it may have to be purchased in UK. Hope someone will have some info on this as the release date for the hard copy draws near.