Sign in to follow this  
trebby

Nostalgic journey to "Richthofens War "

Yep we could,

there is quite some overlap too, scary. :this:

It gets better, same age, too.

:bye:

Yikes!! :heat:

RABU, yes, I know it, and no need to be ashamed for the "glowing red ears and cheeks enthusiasm"

of our childhood and youth, is there? And you're right: less is often more.

I didn't like the effects ones either.

When I was on a 6-month deployment around the western Pacific, a couple of the other Marines and I would play Squad Leader (with Cross of Iron expansion pack) into the wee hours of the morning almost daily. You see, while at sea between ports, there's very little for the Marines to do except sleep, eat, read or play games. We got quite good at SL, even making up some variations of the game when we'd finished all the stock scenarios - we had one where we'd slap together the city map boards from two sets, allocate x-number of battle points to buy our own customized armies and have three way battles with Russians, Germans and Americans all going against one another at the same time.