Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrMudd

VFA195th Dambusters World Tour

Guest MrMudd

Moses and I are taking a much needed break from LOCK ON now that the LOCK ON 1.02 patch is out.

What we are doing is a Flight around the world to several Military and Civil fiels in the EagleSoft Citation X www.eaglesoftdg1.com/CitationX.htm

Our Flight PLan as follows:

Sunday AM KHIF to KEDW Hill AFB UT/Edwards AFB CA

Monday AM KEDW to KTIK Edwards/Tinker AFB Ok

Continue from there to Keesler AFB and Followed up with a Flight to Macdill AFB and A Final Leg to Seymore Johnson AFB.

Wednesday Seymore to Andrews AFB in Maryland.

Thursday KADW-CYYR Andrews to Goose bay Newfoundland.

We are curently 905nm From Keflavik Iceland and will arrive an ETE of GSPD of 558 and 1hr and 1:36 minutes at .910 MACH. I'm half tempted to push o Manchester England. :D

Gotta love the performance of the Citation X buisness Jet at a Cruise altitude of 38,000 and the ability to Hit 51,000 Once weve lightened up.

If you guys feel like burning the Midnight candle in Northamerica, or if their are any europeans intersted in flying with us you can find us on the FSHOST biohazcentral server.

Gotta love having autopilot and a second pc :D

Salute!

MrMudd

I'll be sure the FSHost server and Teamspeak stay open for ya. ;)

Hey, I should check the Biohaz server more often. Just give me a time that you guys are on and I'll see what I can do. see in the skies!

We usually start up around 11pm central time -6 hr GMT we started from Andrews at 10am and got to Keflavic around 1600hrs we are tryng for some continuity. so far been very informative.

If you guys want I can actually add the flight plan into FShost.

Guest MrMudd

We have not really made any flight plans. Most of our decisions have taken place right before we take off, and is usually steered by whomever decides to come along.

Tonight around 10-11PM Mountain, -7 GMT We are leaving Keflavik (BIKF) and heading to england, Whilethere i plan on hitting Bentwaters, Woodbridge, Lakenheath, before heading up through Scandinavia. As the skillsets of the guys i am flying with improve for real world Instrument procedures, then we will start increasing the challenges.

The other Reason we are doing this is we would like to meet other people from those Locations to flywith us. For us the best part of the adventure is the friendshiping activities and getting to discuss the experiance on our trilo server.

Moses and I did a little Flying In Helicopters around Keflavic earlier today. Which is what we do prior to the Cross country flights to get familiar with the area around the airports.

Hey Mr Mudd,

I just missed getting online with you guys earlier. I saw that you were flying helicopters. I took off from the nearest location in a EA-6B. After I got airborne, I connected to MP, and then you were gone!

Oh well, maybe next time.

Navy Chief

Guest MrMudd

PG, and Navy Chief. Sorry we missed you guys, FIREHAWKORDY flew with us to Vargas UK, let me tell you that Harrier Strip was SHORT!!!! Fully Socked in VMC/IMC conditions Didnt see the runway until the last 500 Feet, Full brakes and Thrust Reverser, but i made in. Who needs an ILS :lol: We then buzzed around in choppers to check the Vargas Islands out. Was a very neat experiance.

I will try to catch you guys earlier in the evening Friday and the weekend. But rest assured i will be doing these allnighters for a few weeks as we travel the globe.

Guest MrMudd

On our way to Lakenheath AB, UK. Then looks like we will be heading to the Germanic countries...

Had a wonderful Sunset and Thunderstorms. FS2004 is just too much fun to be had for 40 Bucks

www.fsnavigator.com

Very good program, I am really enjoying hte SID/STARS download and all the functions with it. Another cool feature is that you can login via multiplayer with it and it will plot all people on the server With their NAme, ALtitude and Speed.

Back to the Flight..Lakenheath coming up..

Gotta love the performance of the Citation X buisness Jet at a Cruise altitude of 38,000 and the ability to Hit 51,000 Once weve lightened up.

Once you've lightened up? It's a good thing you don't have 8 pax and 2 weeks of baggage. Citation X is an expensive, but fast, short hopper IMHO. You really have to set long range cruise back to .79, .80 or you'll take a huge range hit especially at .90. I'd rather be in a Falcon 2000 or GIV. Well....maybe the 900ex over the water.

I might join ya at your next stop. Look for me in a Lear 35a S/N 676. THen well compare some performance.....hehe

<C>

Fates

PG, and Navy Chief.  Sorry we missed you guys,  FIREHAWKORDY flew with us to Vargas UK,  let me tell you that Harrier Strip was SHORT!!!!  Fully Socked in VMC/IMC conditions Didnt see the runway until the last 500 Feet,  Full brakes and Thrust Reverser, but i made in.  Who needs an ILS  :lol:  We then buzzed around in choppers to check the Vargas Islands out. Was a very neat experiance.

I will try to catch you guys earlier in the evening Friday and the weekend. But rest assured i will be doing these allnighters for a few weeks as we travel the globe.

Darn right it was short!!! :blink:

I came in with an E-2C with one throttle working and used up the runway and then some. I got it stopped at the edge of a cliff.

I'll try to come on tonight.

Fly Navy

We are now are Rhienmein Ab at 2100 gmt for the flight tonight not sure yet where we will be heading maybe north

Moses,

That link for the Ventrillo update was not working. could you send it to me via PM?

I also signed up on Combat Sims while I was there.

Here we are starting out at Keflavic, Iceland after doing preflight and getting our flight plans sorted out.

moatbifk.jpg

moatbikf1.jpg

You can see MrMudd heading out to the rwy in the next pic

moatbikf2.jpg

We take off on Rwy 20 and turn left and climb out at 330knts and 1500fpm to a Alt of 30k.

moatbikf3.jpg

The pit of our stead that we have been flying

moatbikf4.jpg

This is when we are about 22 miles out

moatbikf5.jpg

Another shot from the pit you can see that firehawkordy has already landed still about 15 miles out note all the clouds in the area

moatbikf6.jpg

It got a little busy at the end of the flight i got this pic after the first try i totally missjudged the approach coming in way to hot for the length of the runway. This is the shortest runway i have ever landed on luckly Firehawk got in his csar bird to help if all goes wrong.

moatbikf7.jpg

What a heck of a flight we had had tail winds around 80 to 90 knots blowing us around up there quite alot of fun.

Edited by 195th_Moses

Guest MrMudd

UPDATE:

We spent Friday and Saturday, doing IFR procedures with the differnt navaids in Germany and since we had a few extra guys flying with us this time (Awesome) everyone had their own destinations to fly to. Some heading off to spain and others to italy. The low pressure front and Low altitude weather and thunder heads made for an excellent challenge. The FSNAV program by www.fsnavigator.com is a most excellent program. I found this highly usefull as a moving map display as well as a CHart for all the navaids and Frequencies and airways needed for our adventure

I decided to fly a manual IFR with multiple VOR legs all through Bavaria, Switzerland and the Wester side of Italy. I am currently At Sigonella Naval Airfield, and will cross over to Malta and then through the African Continent for the next travels.

I am sure Moses and the rest of the guys will post some pics of their adventures.

Heres a Pic trying out the ILS ISTR function in the Honeywell PFD at Ramstein AB germany.

post-54-1087764350_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrMudd

Guest MrMudd

Parked at Sigonella getting ready to preflight. Just got to love the added eyecandy and animations in this model. from eaglesoft development group.

post-54-1087764034_thumb.jpg

Guest MrMudd

Shameless King Cobra AH1Z plug (flying around Iceland Thursday):

post-54-1087764842_thumb.jpg

heh... FedEx with red carpet... must be an important package, lol. That's a real nice looking bird Moses... I want...

Will anyone be flying tonight, between 9-12 pm central? If anyone replies, I'll keep an eye out for the server.

Looks like you guys have a sponsored flight now ;)

Cross crounty flights are far more fun in MP. I did this on VATSIM once, I'll have to look you guys up on the weekends as well as your start times are to late for this East Coaster :blink:

Well, cross country flights used to be more fun in MP. But with MS2K4's ATC, it doesn't seem as lonely in the sky anymore in SP. But as soon as they implement ATC into multiplayer, then MP will reign supreme :)

Well, cross country flights used to be more fun in MP.  But with MS2K4's ATC, it doesn't seem as lonely in the sky anymore in SP.  But as soon as they implement ATC into multiplayer, then MP will reign supreme :)

that's what VATSIM is all about. The problem is some of the sparse areas don't always have coverage.

This site won't come up at work but it's supposed to be the Military version of VATSIM

http://www.flymilitary.net/