Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

New A10 A2A tactics

Wingmen is often a blessing - sometimes a nuisciance

At other times they have qustionable loyalties!

I was flying the "oil terminal" A10 mission, which i think is perhaps the most difficult of the stock missions, trying to make a good recording.

I had done pretty good: I had taken out the most dangeraous airdefences and dispatched the wingman to take care of the remaining ones, while i lined up for a lowlevel MK-84 run on the docked ship.

My wingman must have mistaken one of the fittings on the cargoship for a AAA or something because i suddenly heard him announce "attacking primary target". I had just enough time to think "..ahh F***!.."

Note that he afterwards uses the lamest exuse of all: "bandit destryed"... its one thing is that he claims to have mistaken me for a bandit. Another thing alltogether to pretend that its normal procedure to take down enemy planes with a par of 84's

I would like these photographs enetered into evidence as exibits 1 through 10:

In this picture you can clearly see the him just after releasing his ordinance:

Loyalties.jpg

pic 1-3

Loyalties%20(1).jpgLoyalties%20(2).jpg

pic 4: It is clearly audible on the recordings of the communication that the flightleader says "uh-oh" at this point:

Loyalties%20(4).jpg

Loyalties%20(3).jpgLoyalties%20(5).jpg

pic 6:Notice two exlosions: A big one where a pair of MK-84s impact on the flightleader and a smaller one where the leaders MK-84's have just hit the docked ship.

Loyalties%20(6).jpg

7-9: Observe the wingmans pathetic excuse and feeble attempt to get away with it

Loyalties%20(7).jpgLoyalties%20(8).jpg

Loyalties%20(9).jpg

Perhaps we can all learn something from this - hopefully how to hit an enemy plane with 84's

it's a good day for a court-marshallin' ... ;)

Great pics GD!

I'd bet it was the paint job on your plane that upset your wingman. Nonetheless, you should promote him for saving the sidewinders for other air targets, dumb bombs are cheaper.

hmm... nothing wrong with my paintjob as far as i'm concerned:

Its my partydress.

I allways try to wear my finest when i join a party

Haha That's gotta make you think for a sec when you can watch a pair of MK-84's falling twards you while you are still airborne. Great pics Ghost Dog!

It did take me by surprise but i'm still think its geat that the model allows for such things to happen... also shooting own choppers with rockets is a good pastime B)

I still remember in Tornado, if you had a bogey trailing you rather close you could just drop a bomb and have its explosion knock him out. No worries about being to high off the deck, if youre in a Tornado and above 100ft you aren't using your radar right.

beautilful plane, beautilful sim