Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

"mods folder" question...

ok, now with the new machine I can run SF2 very happy very nice.

After isntallifacation, I ran each of the exes (SF2/2V/2E), which creates mod folders for all 3 games.

My question is.... when I start to add my terrains and GOs and aircraft and whatnot, WHERE do they go, to make them appear in all the different 'subsections' (desert/SEA/Europe)???

Is it safe to assume, that in single missions, everything is available from each exe? Or do the addons have to go into each mods /Objects folder? Or just any given one

I also installed SF2I as a seperate stand alone; it's an old habit, so I can tailor specific aircrat/GOs to fit the time frame (ala the KAW mod - read 'nationalized' items).

another question is, after extracting the F-84F bits, there only seem to be 2 lods in any/all the cats (SF2) and none in SF2I. Easy enough to transfter the stuff over -been doing that for years!. Oddly, TK's main F-84F.ini calls for 5 lods. Anybody know where they might be hiding? I've extracted every cat (hate them decals cats!), and only found the 2

TIA!

wrench

kevin stein

I have a merged install of SF2V and SF2E, and I find all five lods for the F-84F in the ObjectData009.cat.

:good:

Kevin, when you have merged install, they go to the last installed one's mods folder -ie, if you have merged SF2+SF2V+SF2E -dump the addons to SF2E mods folder and you shall have no problems :good:

Kev, I run everything off the SF2 folder. Everytime you patch your merged intsall, all of them are updated. Check the dates on the cat and exe files, and you'll see.

So, in the case of 'made flyable AIs' -Migs, CF104, Hunters, etc, I only have to work in one mods folder, and it'll 'see' it in all others, regardless of which exe I run it from?

maybe I should have merged SF2I, what with the userslists and alll....??????

found the lods ... dopey me forgot to apply the Feb2010 patch to SF2/V/E!! They magically appeared! (and magicly delicious!)

note to self ... take own adivce, and obre los ojos!! (sorry, my spanish spelling ain't perfect!)

wrench

kevin stein

Don't know about others, but after installing SF2 Expansion Pack, that comes with it's own exe, when I ran it 1st time using that exe, I had no 3rd party mods and terrains activated. I had to move those from SF2 Israel's mods folder into addon's mod folder for them to show up.

I´m not sure of what are you asking for. If you mean having TW stock material to show up in a simulator wich it didn´t originally have, (ie, using SF2E F-15A in SF2V), you just have to copy the folder F-15A from aircarft in SF2E mod folder, and dump it into SF2V folder, and it should look for the cat files in all simulators. I did it because SF2E exe didn´t work so i fly the european scenario from SF2V. It depends on how the SF2 Suez expansion was released. If it was like a patch and the files where added to the cat, it should work fine this way. Hope this helps