Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

WWII Install ESC key

Ok created a WW2 install using ERUROWW2 MOD. Workks ZGreat with 06 patch..Only problem, when i hit ESC key intead of taking me back to debriefing, it exits the game??? how can I fix this :dntknw:

Have you checked the key maps in the game options? Maybe you inadvertantly set esc for exit the whole game instead of just to exit the mission?

Ed, what operating system are you running? XP? Vista? Winge7???

If you're using the small upgrade I did for EAW WW2, the shaders are activated (for XP). If you're still running on the 06 patch level, in Vista/7 you'll have to deactive them in the EuroWW2_data.ini

Just comment them out...

[NormalTextureMaterial]

UseEffectShader=TRUE

//EffectShaderName=TerrainEffect.fx

[WaterTextureMaterial]

UseEffectShader=TRUE

//EffectShaderName=WaterEffect.fx

Hopefully, that'll fix the issue (it's the old problem from 'wwwaaay back)

wrench

kevin stein

Have you checked the key maps in the game options? Maybe you inadvertantly set esc for exit the whole game instead of just to exit the mission?

checked

ESC= end mission

Ed, what operating system are you running? XP? Vista? Winge7???

If you're using the small upgrade I did for EAW WW2, the shaders are activated (for XP). If you're still running on the 06 patch level, in Vista/7 you'll have to deactive them in the EuroWW2_data.ini

Just comment them out...

[NormalTextureMaterial]

UseEffectShader=TRUE

//EffectShaderName=TerrainEffect.fx

[WaterTextureMaterial]

UseEffectShader=TRUE

//EffectShaderName=WaterEffect.fx

Hopefully, that'll fix the issue (it's the old problem from 'wwwaaay back)

wrench

kevin stein

Windows 7 Pro

which issue ??? cause I already did comment them out

Ok then.... I'll have to fire mine up on the new machine (all ww2 versions intalled but not run yet) and see if the problem presents itself

wrench

kevin stein

....and, yes it does. ESC, BLAMMMMMO!!!! straight to the desktop with no error messages at all. Even with the shaders commented out, DX9 installed.

Tested ALL the terrains, in ALL my WW2 installs (ETO/MTO/PTO)

This being a family site, I cannot type the words going through my mind.

In short, it looks like the 06 patch level is the problem; of course, everyone knows that patching to 08 f***s the FMs six ways from sunday...

I'll have to get into this a bit further down the road, as I'm 7 weeks behind on the KAW terrain.

what about running compatability mode for XP on the WoE.exe??? Anyone tried that??

wrench

kevin stein

what about running compatability mode for XP on the WoE.exe??? Anyone tried that??

wrench

kevin stein

same thing

Can you find any trace of a problem in the logs/journals ?

Is Aero running while you play ?

If it does, disable Aero at game start (either manually or by changing the properties of the exe), it might be a crash when the game switches from one video mode to another, however it should give an error message, but I've had a similar silent crash with another game, it's worth a try.

Can you find any trace of a problem in the logs/journals ?

Is Aero running while you play ?

If it does, disable Aero at game start (either manually or by changing the properties of the exe), it might be a crash when the game switches from one video mode to another, however it should give an error message, but I've had a similar silent crash with another game, it's worth a try.

im now doing a partial install. that is ,,bit by bit...so far so good i will eventualy add the file that causes the [problem, then i will know

In theroy, with DX9 installd, the 06 patch levels games should still work!!! But they obviously don't (i'm on Win7 Ultimate)

Please post your findings Ed, otherwise ... it's moving to 08 level, which we all know what happens next...

wrench

kevin stein

In theroy, with DX9 installd, the 06 patch levels games should still work!!! But they obviously don't (i'm on Win7 Ultimate)

Please post your findings Ed, otherwise ... it's moving to 08 level, which we all know what happens next...

wrench

kevin stein

thats the only option left...im already patched..maneuvering..forget about it....... :nea:

well, shooot.... I got 06s to NOT crash by changing this line:

UseEffectShader=TRUE

to this:

UseEffectShader=FALSE

of course, you loose the moving water and other land effects, but the missions/game wont' plop to the desktop. Makes the ocean look like flat blue s**t, but it don't crash no more

wrench

kevin stein

thats the only option left...im already patched..maneuvering..forget about it....... :nea:

Ed, if you're willing to try it, I have a "'06-style maneuvering" fix for an '08 patched sim. You'll be the first to supply feedback on it.

Ed, if you're willing to try it, I have a "'06-style maneuvering" fix for an '08 patched sim. You'll be the first to supply feedback on it.

RGR that send please

RGR that send please

Check your PMs, let me know if this mod works for you. :good:

Check your PMs, let me know if this mod works for you. :good:

Ok, tried it in WOR. A slight improvement, But, when in a dog fight and trying to turn to get a bead on enemy aircraft , plane looses control and starts to roll.

Ok, tried it in WOR. A slight improvement, But, when in a dog fight and trying to turn to get a bead on enemy aircraft , plane looses control and starts to roll.

I kind of had my suspicions, that as a solution to the '08 patch FM issue, it was a bit too easy to be real... :boredom: