Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Gepard's Formosa Strait visual update

Stary, maybe the airbases can be updatet too?

the parked aircrafts from

gepard should be removed and added the TK feature of

parked aircrafts....

BTW a great rework bro! :good:

Frankly, I have very limited knowledge about how airbases work, press (softly!) onto Wrench, he's the Guru of targetareas and airbases

but I like the idea :wink:

(to quote Lurch, from "Adams Family")

"yyyooooouuuuu raaaaannggg?"

You'd have to edit the airfield ini, adding the parking slots. Not too difficult; use the locations/heading off the targets ini description of the base. I actually did this in reverse for the WW2 Tunisia map; took the coordinates out of the 08 level airfield ini, added them to the targets ini, and placed the static aircraft models there. They'd have to be set to SmallParking, of course, and with the LimitedNations tweek I uploaded, would keep it narrow to only those used by the PRC and ROC (and USN,USAF,USMC) For larger aircraft (Dakotas, Hercs, etc), I'd have to study the airfield layout, and see if any would fit.

The parked 104s that are alrady there should have a silver skin .. I had one laying around somewhre... maybe from Gepard's old Suez/Isreal2 terrain???. One could always just use the paint bucket tool, and flood with the 15% gray.

what the terrain DOES need, are cleared airfield zones. I ca't recall which one, but on Taiwan, there's trees at the runway end on a couple. Of course, that means going back into the TE, and retiling those target areas. To say nothing of creating the new airbase tiles.

Give me "2 weeks", and I'll see what I can do with it

wrench

kevin stein

great! I'm busy with other stuff and real life, so can't do this myself

just a quicky, only tweeked one base .... went exactly as I thought it would.

I think this (see below) is what you're after??? left the hud de-bug up so you know where I was

wrench

kevin stein

exactly Kevin! ;) :good:

I think the F-104´s should removed, cause they have a real bad model.

better use stock aircrafts.

got it mostly done, just some final testing. Had to do the same for the PRC airfields, too (removed the mig-21s)

with luck, a whole bunch of new interetering stuff this weekend (adjusted some targets, added a new PLAN DD, working Silkworm batteries, etc)

wrench

kevin stein

just a quicky, only tweeked one base .... went exactly as I thought it would.

I think this (see below) is what you're after??? left the hud de-bug up so you know where I was

wrench

kevin stein

Another nice work Wrench! VF-84 Phantom on Hsinchu AB, never thought of that...

Guest rscsjsuso5

from a history stand point - rocaf tried to get their hands on f-4s but the usaf won't let them have it due to avionics sophistication at that time. that is why wrench put on a rocaf ab . also from history is that the us and taiwan(roc) continued the relations to protect the young democracy of Taiwan thus making air craft carrier sailing around the pacific with f-4 standing by. during that time tension wa high with j-7 and j-8 against f104 and f100 and a probable American assistance to taiwan , everything was basically on alert and tensions but through history and now peace has prevailed.