Sign in to follow this  
coolpilot

"request assistace" button works!

Well you can think of it as a reserve flight that flies 30,000 ft and drives down to help when called upon. I guess they're not always available to help you out.

Edited by jomni

Did anybody find out how to edit the number of the helper on the way to you?

Indeed I think that 8 F-15 helping you out against 3 MiG-21 is way too overdone... :bye:

Danilo

jomni::

Well you can think of it as a reserve flight that flies 30,000 ft and drives down to help when called upon. I guess they're not always available to help you out.

We can't think of it like that because they don't do that. They pop out of a black hole I guess, and only near the Player I assume. It goes back to that sim vs game thing. I want more of a sim, but you can make it fun by "over doing" mission things a bit. If it were me, I would add additional small backup AI flights coming up later, with *real* waypoints flying their own mission, and they can bail out anybody, not just the Player. And that is something even the Player can be aware of in briefing I suppose. Knowing there are -- or are scheduled to be -- backup flights coming up. But you know how schedules seem to work out. :grin:

Think of the F-4s coming north into NV passing returning flights going south back home, in case they were being chased by MiGs. Player could know about this possible help being available in general. Something like that as one example.

Yeah, I would like that idea, as it is more real.

Or, when you call for help, Red Crown gives you coordinates to go for, as the Calvary is in that direction.

That, and request for a divert base, but that is getting way too pipe-dream like.

Being beamed in is better than what we had before, so every little bit of help, well, helps!

Besides, in real conflicts things are rarely "balanced". One side usually is stronger in any given engagement. The fact that you've called for help indicates that the enemy is stronger at that time. When the relief comes in, it swings back the other way. It's of course dependent on them getting to you before you get shot down of course, as if they only avenge your death it's little comfort!