Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

80's tv programming

Hi. Am I getting old? Everytime I look at the tv guide via direct tv, I cant find any of the shows i watched growing up in the 80's that were shown all the time into the 90's or as reruns. examples include Gilligan's island, Three's company, star trek 60;s show, battlestar galactica'78 version, Buck Rogers with Gil Gerard, etc. these were shlown continuall as reruns. Now they are no more. I hate to buy dvds just to watch them all the time. I know tv programming has to please the new generations but I feel like cancelling my tv service if the shows I remeber arent on anymore.

Check the Internet.

CBS.com has full eps of Star Trek and I think BSG Classic available for free viewing online.

FC

hulu maybe???

wrench

kevin stein

TV Land has some, and there's also a channel called 'Retro TV'. Don't know if it's local, or national. Knight Rider, A-Team, Rockford Files, and others are on there...but no Airwolf :blink:

I just saw Airwolf on TV the other day, can't remember what channel though.

As for me, I have Buck Rogers and the original ST on DVD, and I'm renting from Netflix right now the only season of Tales of the Gold Monkey. Love that theme song! Also lots of footage of Zekes chasing the Goose around the Pacific in the "Maravelas islands."

Just saw the episode where Lance Legault was the guest star, he was in a ton of 80s shows. I remember his recurring role as a USN intelligence officer on Magnum PI.