Sign in to follow this  
gottberg

No mod (saved game) file in SF2V

Help, I run Windows 7 x64 bit and downloaded Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam from the Third Wire website (came patched to June 2010) and there is no mod (saved game) folder. I went to >username<...saved games..ThirdWire...StrikeFighters2 Vietnam...and then get the following folders,

controls

missions

objects

pilotdata

screenshots

(an options setting config)

What's the deal? I even tried installing game into a foldeer outside the protected programs folders still with no joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you ran the game once, and then went to the folder you described, that IS the mod folder.:good:

Try installing an add-on, aircraft, terrain, etc. into that folder. It should work.

Hope that helps.

If you ran the game once, and then went to the folder you described, that IS the mod folder.:good:

Try installing an add-on, aircraft, terrain, etc. into that folder. It should work.

Hope that helps.

You're crapping me! This whole time I was looking for a mod folder that was right in front of my face!!! So if I wanted to install the Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam Air & Ground war expansion pack 2.0 i would just install it to saved games folder that i mentioned?

should read...

>user name<

Saved games\

Thirdwire\

Strikefighters2Europe\ (in this case)

campaigns

Controls

Decals

Effects

Flight

etc

etc

Covered in some detail in the SF2 Knowledge Base, too

wrench

kevin stein

You're crapping me! This whole time I was looking for a mod folder that was right in front of my face!!! So if I wanted to install the Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam Air & Ground war expansion pack 2.0 i would just install it to saved games folder that i mentioned?

Yep that would be correct, never been easier to mod before :good:

Fine, you eventually got it worked out.... Just be aware that the latest version of the (absolutely awesome!!!) XP is v2.1 - and you might/will need the July Update of it just as well...

When at it, you could do me a favor and check, how your F-8s (except the late '69-models) do show up - do you find the same "oddity" I encounter and have asked about here?

Thanks for reporting back...

Oliver