Here's what I've added:

* Decals SF2 format

* Shadows SF2 game engine generated

* Ravenclaw's pilot models

* Ravenclaw's MB Mk7 seats

* Drop Tanks converted to SF2 format

* [RocketAttackAI] based on stock F-104G

* SF2 style hangar screen (wip)

I'm thinking the TF-104G is pretty close to F-104G in terms of equipment and performance, is that right?

Then, should I also copy over the Radar settings from stock F-104G?

And perhaps the flight model (not sure if I'll mess this up or just copying the values from stock would work?)

th_img00002.jpg

th_img00003.jpg

th_img00004.jpg

Edited by pureblue

Don't touch the FM - no need IMHO. I've swapped an FM from one a/c to another a/c (with a different 3D model) and it ends up messy.

avionics ini would be the same as the 104G; no problems there!

wrench

kevin stein

FYI The Dutch Zippers used the Lockheed C-2 ejection seats instead of the Martin Bakers.

Andy Bush comparing the TF-104G with the F-104G:

The TF carried less internal fuel. We used it in the weapons school for introductory rides...where we verified the student's basic flying skills before turning him loose to fly the single seat model. For example, when starting the air-to-air phase, we wanted to expose the student to both high speed and slow speed flight. The plan was to enter a 30 degree dive from about 20000' and accelerate to as fast as the jet would go...we would level off at about 5000' and then point the jet straight up and let it run out of speed. It wasn't unusual to have the students be apprehensive about flying at high speed and they were particularly wary of very slow speeds (too many accidents in Germany).

In the dive, we could get the TF out to about 750KIAS...the TF had more drag than the single seat version because of the canopy. I'd sit in the back and "help" the student stay in the dive until the jet quit accelerating...and then I'd "help" him pull it straight up. I'd make sure he kept the stick neutral until we simply ran out of airspeed...the jet would then flop over and start back downhill. I'd guard the controls again to make sure the guy up front had it under control. All of this was usually accompanied by some heavy breathing from up front!! I used to call this the "Oh ye of little faith" sortie.

Other than no gun and a shorter endurance, the TF was quite similar in performance to the F model.

Edited by MigBuster

Thanks for the info guys.

So, I've switched back to stock C2 seats. (Included an optional MB_Mk7 seat, since I don't know what the Italians used?)

Copied over the NASAAR radar values from the stock SF2 F-104G.

Haven't touched any of the FM stuff.

Left alone the internal fuel capacity too. (couldn't find any references to TF-104G capacity)

Will be uploading this shortly :good:

Thank you sir

Italy and Germany used the MB seats, most other users (if not all, unles those that got ex german/italian ones) kept the original C2 model