Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Vengeur

Is there a Jaguar in the zoo?

Hullo, the serial modders.

I plan to make an all-inclusive add-on for Operation Desert Storm, allowing to fly three new units: the three French groups that actually led missions over Kuwait and Iraq, which were composed of Mirage 2000C (with RDI radar), Mirage F-1CR (reco version), and Jaguar A. The mod will include campaign data, modified planes, screens, medals, pilots pics... I even have tactical data accurate enough to join an extensive and illustrated historical account about the French aerial participation to the Coalition's effort in 1991.

Very fine models with adequate skins already exist for the Mirage 2000C and base Mirage F-1C (original creators having signed on the Freeware Licensing list shall be credited), and only some minor changes and reassessments (markings, weaponry management...) will be necessary for acceptable versions. I couldn't actually make more, as I have no experience neither tools (nor brains, nor even patience enough) for modding templates, cockpits, or flight models. But I could find no other Jaguar model than the British GR.I (by The Mirage Factory), which compared to the French Jaguar A, is like night and day (literally, as Jaguar A with poor electronic equipment is a day-only bomber).

My question is: does such a model for SFP1 (at best with a two-tones desert skin) exist somewhere, or is someone in the community working at the moment on such a model? Thank you, boys.

Edited by Capitaine Vengeur

I already take a look around for this mark A, look's like anyone try to make this model at this time...

I believe that there is one in WIP at present the only Jag is the GR-1-3 versions...

Team Mirage Factory was some time ago working

on a french Jaguar.

But I don´t know the status.

Edited by Soulfreak

Yes, it's still part of our WIP's, no date.

The F-1C is also probably from us, no?

all those planes are in fact WIP.

Some new models, never released, others, older models, upgraded and ported to SF2 series

As far as I remember, TMF as such didn't sign any licensing agreement.

Yes, it's still part of our WIP's, no date.

The F-1C is also probably from us, no?

all those planes are in fact WIP.

Some new models, never released, others, older models, upgraded and ported to SF2 series

As far as I remember, TMF as such didn't sign any licensing agreement.

Right. The Mirage F1-C-200 with Djibouti skin, and the Jaguar GR.1 included in ODS (desert skin by USAFTML, I believe?), that I will somehow slightly modify within my most humble means to obtain an acceptable (with indulgence) result, are both creations from TMF. The Mirage 2000 is based on Erwin_Hans' 2000-5 model and some others' works to get the actual version of the 2000C.

A personal request I shall send soon, as my works will progress on (some borrows could also be made to TMF's weapons packs). Really sorry if I make it the wrong way, it's my first mod involving other creators' aircraft. But I would prefer to make it an all-inclusive mod including links to the original models, rather than just links and disheartening lists of modifications to add.

Oki

si mes souvenirs sont bons, les skins du Jag' RAF sont de Sundowner..

l'inclusion de certains mods TMF dans d'autres packs ne donne pas automatiquement le droit de les réutiliser

Mais en règle générale, si demandée, l'autorisation est donnée, c'est juste une façon de savoir ce qui leur arrive ;-)

I've always dreamed to fly a French Jaguar, wich is the most elegant version for me. It would be great if someone tweaks the RAF version to the French pattern with new loads too, or make a whole new one. A must for the ODS! :salute:

I've always dreamed to fly a French Jaguar, wich is the most elegant version for me. It would be great if someone tweaks the RAF version to the French pattern with new loads too, or make a whole new one. A must for the ODS! :salute:

The tweaking shall be difficult. For example, I've not been able to find a good, readable pic of the cockpit for the Jaguar A. Only many ones for the GR.1. I have lists for the electronical equipment (very short lists indeed), but I don't even know if that translates in the use of an actual HUD. Some proposals for the pics?

post-48840-013803000 1289805858.jpg