Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

An Interesting COD Black Ops Observation...

Personally, I distinctly recall MW2 suffering from this (amongst it's many arguable faults). Nevertheless, it's an interesting thing to ponder and an insight into the different attitudes that go into making games/Story telling and how this is presented to different demographics.

Article - COD Black Ops: More an interactive movie than game.

That is why one shall play Multiplayer.

Multiplayer in Bad Company 2 ! :P

I put Bad Company and Medal of Honor away. I have been having a blast with Black Ops. I havent done single player yet though. Its going to be tough to beat Medal of Honor's single player. That was even better than MW1 and MW2.

Personally I think the best SP of the genres was Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Call of Duty 1. It was a Hollywood-esque take on the WWII FPS but it still was one. The later games have gotten more and more brief to the point where it takes as much time to play as watch an average miniseries on TV. For someone like me with no interest in the MP (I tired of that years ago after playing MOH:AA and RTCW MP for like 2 straight years), that makes these games a real ripoff at $60! In fact, I just recently finally got COD4 on a big sale on Steam so I could play the I think 4 hrs the SP side took me without being taken to the cleaners.

It was a good 4 hrs, don't get me wrong, but there should have been 3x that. Also, the games have faults in their trigger-based play where bad guys will never stop coming until you pass this point, and the bad guys won't show up until you cross that point, out in the open with no cover. Then there's the ineffective friendly AI (I was watching a Japanese soldier rifle-bashing a US Marine last night as the Marine stood there like nothing was happening) and the fact that despite your low rank and status every enemy on the battlefield knows to shoot at YOU when you stick your head up, and toss grenades and fire rockets at you if you stay in cover.

That's not the first time game->interactive movie happens. Maybe the 3rd.

At the moment it's either the industry with the movies or the not so sane amateurs...

Taken from an "educational" and "spiritual" game about the life of Mohammad made by a moron.

Available there http://www.mdickie.com/downloads.htm

Also look for stuff about his The You Testament where Jesus says "The force is strong with you" and teaches us about prana

Movie? Hardly, movies don't stutter and suffer from bad fps on supercomputers...

MOH singleplayer was freakin' awsome, best SP in a while for me...

Movie? Hardly, movies don't stutter and suffer from bad fps on supercomputers...

They do if you stream online with a poor connection!

I'm getting sooooo bored of Modern Warfare games.There's a total glut of them...WW2 suffered the same, there's only so much you can do with them