Sign in to follow this  
steve58

Handley Page bomber

anyone happen to catch the latest plane announced by that other WWI flight sim? ....a multi-seat, multi-engine aircraft, the Handley Page O/400 bomber. Price seems a bit steep for one plane, pre-order or not, but the vid looks pretty good. Has there been any mention/hint of multi-engine flyable AC in P4? Hopefully there will be :grin:

Edited by steve58

Such a con!..... I'm amazed how people can fall for being so utterly ripped off

anyone happen to catch the latest plane announced by that other WWI flight sim? ....a multi-seat, multi-engine aircraft, the Handley Page O/400 bomber. Price seems a bit steep for one plane, pre-order or not, but the vid looks pretty good. Has there been any mention/hint of mult-engine flyable AC in P4? Hopefully there will be :grin:

There is a pics of a pair of Gothas in a P4 screenshot. Looks beautiful. I can't imagine they would put in the German bomber without an Allied one to match. Check out the P4 preview screenshots.

I for one am very glad that Over Flanders Fields doesn't use the "pay per plane" system. 1st, going from the inital 4 planes that the other WWI flight sim had to the 39 that OFF shipped with (not to mention the ones added in Hat in the Ring) would be terribly expensive. I want to fly in the Great War, not finance it. Second, when ODB adds planes in an expansion pack, you get more than just the plane. They add all of the historically accurate squadrons those planes were used in (so that you can create a pilot and fly them in the dynamic campaign), include the paint scheme used by each squadron and also add in any custom paint jobs that any specific aces may have had for that type of craft.

The other flight sim always has some beautiful looking planes. I'll give them that. It just never gets fleshed out enough for my personal tastes. At any rate, not to worry, there will be big bombers in P4 sir.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade
  • Like 1

"I want to fly in the Great War, not finance it."

AAAAAAAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAAA! :rofl:

...priceless HS...

There is a pics of a pair of Gothas in a P4 screenshot. Looks beautiful. I can't imagine they would put in the German bomber without an Allied one to match. Check out the P4 preview screenshots.

I for one am very glad that Over Flanders Fields doesn't use the "pay per plane" system. 1st, going from the inital 4 planes that the other WWI flight sim had to the 39 that OFF shipped with (not to mention the ones added in Hat in the Ring) would be terribly expensive. I want to fly in the Great War, not finance it. Second, when ODB adds planes in an expansion pack, you get more than just the plane. They add all of the historically accurate squadrons those planes were used in (so that you can create a pilot and fly them in the dynamic campaign), include the paint scheme used by each squadron and also add in any custom paint jobs that any specific aces may have had for that type of craft.

The other flight sim always has some beautiful looking planes. I'll give them that. It just never gets fleshed out enough for my personal tastes. At any rate, not to worry, there will be big bombers in P4 sir.

Hellshade

Hellshade -- I agree with you 100% about the pay per plane. Always been glad OBD never went that route. I do have the other sim and only fire it up once in a blue moon...much more immersion from OFF BHaH HiTR. Glad to hear about the Gothas. Sounds like I need to go and re-look at the P4 screenshots.

Edited by steve58

Such a con!..... I'm amazed how people can fall for being so utterly ripped off

Ever hear of cigarettes?

RoF is one of the many flight sims I own. Pre-ordered the O/400 and looking forward to it.

"I want to fly in the Great War, not finance it."

AAAAAAAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAAA! :rofl:

...priceless HS...

Ditto! A hearty second, or is it third, to both RAF and HS!

Hellshade

I want to fly in the Great War, not Finance it : Truly a quote for the times Kudos to Hellshade :good:and RAF:grin:

Edited by carrick58

I think what is important about the ROF is that they are only starting the development of a Career mode and that my beloved OFF has had a brilliant career mode for years.

Even with this brilliant career mode of OFF there are hundreds of request to make it more realistic (kills, planes, airfield locations, DM and FM) it will never stop. Never.

I own all the planes in ROF and the new bomber and will pay more every month to look for the best WW1 sim out there in the virtual world.

Lets stop talking about the ROF on the forum and focus on OFF. On the ROF forum lots of people are requesting the developers to build a career mode like OFF or RB.

P4 will be released and its going to be mind blowing until the dev mention P5 and then it will start all over again.

Cheers

morris

Hellshade...that just made my day!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is a pics of a pair of Gothas in a P4 screenshot. Looks beautiful. I can't imagine they would put in the German bomber without an Allied one to match.

Hellshade

HP 0/400 - Hmmmmmmm :grin:

HP 0/400 - Hmmmmmmm :grin:

And when it comes, it will be included in the price!...BIG difference!!!

I bobbed over to SimHQ where there's a thread with a vid of the new 0/400, but for the life of me I can't understand how everyone there is getting so excited about it's release, given that they haven't even modelled and released any two seater Entente aircraft (AFAIK) and there's only one Axis two seater. That seems utterly absurd to me.

Actually - I'm wrong: the Breguet is in there (non-flyable), but that's hardly great representation by any streak. As an aside, I note that Wikipedia doesn't have an entry for OFF (ROF is in there) - perhaps someone should start putting a page up??