• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.
Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

MiGs that don't like nights?

While browsing aircrafts' data.ini files I've noticed that MiG-17PF and all variants of MiG-21 have AircraftCapability=DAY_ONLY. Shouldn't at least some be DAY_AND_NIGHT? Wasn't MiG-17PF a night interceptor as well? :blink:

I think the term you're looking for is "night and limited all weather". Don't forget, all were GCI controlled anyway.

It makes no difference in game terms; the AI will fly whenever it wants. Always has, always will.

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the answers guys! Just to confirm: I shouldn't bother to edit the data.inis then?

Edit: Guess I've just answered the question, lol.

Edited by SFP1Ace

Btw, reverse problem, I want to eliminate MiG day fighters as opposition from night missions (F-102, F-89, B-26 night armed recon) but every time, "day only" MiG-17s etc show up.

Is there any way to limit night ops to actual night fighters in campaigns?

Btw, reverse problem, I want to eliminate MiG day fighters as opposition from night missions (F-102, F-89, B-26 night armed recon) but every time, "day only" MiG-17s etc show up.

Is there any way to limit night ops to actual night fighters in campaigns?

Short of flying scripted missions only, the answer is no. Been there, done that.

You could always ask TK for a tweak. Although I bet he'll say that the stock night plane list is too limited for the campaings to function properly with the limiter on. Then you remind him of 101 flavours of MiG he added recently, the joys of seeing only certain planes go bump in the night and the fun of knowing every night squadron the other side on the line by name.

As for day_only PF, the radar is not yet the entire instrument flight package.

Edited by Gr.Viper

Thanks all! I guess it's time to harass TK then ^_^

Well, you can have two campaign sets. For player flyable planes you can add the planes as NIGHT_ONLY, and for enemy planes, don't add any day plane to the campaign.

For example, if you wan't a WWII night campaign, adjust all the planes as NIGHT_ONLY, and then add only night bombers and night fighters. You know, Lancasters, Halifaxes, Stirlings, Mosquitoes, Beaufighters, Bf-110s, Ju-88s, etc. Don't add Spitfires or Mustangs!